Never stop playing!

Wow, I LOVE IT!! Having gotten really serious about becoming a better player than I ever have been, starting 2 years ago at 55, and seeing improvements that tell me I've succeeded, I hope to be able, healthwise, to always be able to play guitar, and continue improving.
This video is inspiring!
He's nailing pretty much every slide he's going for too, which I miss about half the time. (I hate that!)

This actually reminded me of a guy I met in church, an older gentleman, who played his entire life, and told me about his days in a Jazz outfit, playing like 500 songs. Dude was amazing, but arthritis had slowed him down quite a bit. He had an early ES347 that played like absolute buttah! It had the lowest action I'd ever seen on a guitar, and he told me he had set it up like that himself to help with his hands. And his playing was all clean, nofx, and everything he did was ridiculously perfect. He was an inspiration to me, and I got to know him pretty well before he passed on.

Last edited:
Nothing more annoying than overshooting a slide!
And what's worse, is that because it happens so often, now I'm very conscientious of it, which builds trepidation, which makes me screw it up even more. I have to consciously think, "I'm gonna land this!" every time (which helps, but not always.) Practice, practice,...

I found nothing humorous about the video, just a heart warming feeling to see someone enjoy playing the guitar. No retakes, no editing out mistakes, no fussing or fuming about hitting wrong notes. He simply played music and it clearly touches his soul.

He is very humble. Someone said that he deserves a signature Ibanez, and this was his reply
View attachment 91275

Her is his bio. He is just one year older than me:
View attachment 91276
I was gonna suggest a PRS Hollowbody II because they're light, but that body style probably would be an issue for him.

If he gets along with that HB super strat shape, people should pool together and get him something like a Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top. Would sit well on his lap, weigh less and have a much better setup, neck, hardware and tone . Less fret wear too.

Back
Top Bottom