Loose IEC port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, I hope they are covering shipping both ways for this repair? Could someone confirm? I have a while longer to wait until I receive a purchase invitation, but being in Canada if I end up with this problem I'm concerned about cross border shipping.

Yes, they did send me a prepaid UPS label and also covered the return shipping, so no worries there.
That's great. Bummer you are having the same issue again though, you will be without your FM9 again for a little while.. Hopefully they can come up with a more permanent repair.

Seems like a little gorilla glue would do a better job than loctite.

That was going to be my next step. If that takes care of it, I'll just leave it at that and call it a day.
Gorilla glue expands into a foamy substance that can easily make a mess. Honestly I think a hot glue gun would hold it great and not damage anything. I’d rather have a mechanical fastener but I haven’t looked at it yet.

Considering that mine just got put into shipping today, this may be something I will have to deal with. I hope they find a good permanent solution for this.

@Admin M@ @FractalAudio Does Fractal have an official stance on this situation? Based on the feedback in this thread, this issue seems to be common enough to be of note. If the glue seal breaks, are users expected to send the unit back in again for more glue? Are there thoughts on a potentially more permanent solution? My unit took over a week and a half to make the round trip, which is obviously quite inconvenient. Thanks

Imagine how those folks that bought theirs from a Reverb listing for $2500 to $3000 are going to feel if this is a common issue that is not going to be covered for them since they are not the original purchaser of the unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom