IRs Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ (MASTER THREAD)

Third-party impulse response pack

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi all,

This is my new master thread for Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ IR and preset pack master thread.
To see all my previous offerings click here to see the cabs organized number and size of speakers per cab:
https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...-wav-fractal-audio-systems-ultra-res-formats/

If you like mixing your own single mic files rather than using my HypeReal™ mixes, then please get the combo packs.

The search bar on my site works really well if you are looking for cabs or speakers that were manufactured by a particular company.

Better demos, tons of info if you click on the tabs as well as pull downs, and the site is Google translate friendly for your desired native tongue.

New guitar cab pack announcements as they come out will be posted below in this thread!

Thanks for looking and all your collective support over the years! I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 27: MBMK 1X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 1980s Mesa Boogie® Mark I™ 1X12 Guitar Extension Cab. This cabinet included 1 Electro-Voice® EVM-12L Series II™ 12 inch 8 ohm 200w speaker manufactured in USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://bit.ly/3mIZ7Oj

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 27: MBMK 1X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 1980s Mesa Boogie® Mark I™ 1X12 Guitar Extension Cab. This cabinet included 1 Electro-Voice® EVM-12L Series II™ 12 inch 8 ohm 200w speaker manufactured in USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://bit.ly/3mIZ7Oj
Sweet! Grabbed the Bandit/Scorpion and Vicky/Weber, too....

Thanks again for your support.

I hope you find them very useful.

I'm always on the lookout for Weber IRs. I'd love to get my Weber 2x10 X-Cab with AlNiCo 10V speakers in it shot for IRs. Killer cab. I ordered it custom-width to match their 6A20 kit amp's width. Sounds so good I'm thinking of getting a new baffle for my 6A20-based Simone amp and sticking a couple of those 10Vs in that as well. Absolutely HUGE sound, from 10" speakers. I can shoot it myself, but my room in the new place is very 'live', so it'd likely be full of reflections. I have a 609, a FatHead, a Baby Bottle, and an AKG D3900 that might make for some interesting IRs. I suppose I could use my semi-circular mic isolation thingie and cover the mic and cab with a blanket to cut down on the more obnoxious reflections, but a proper IR shooting session with some of the 'usual suspect' microphones would be better, I think....

Really enjoying all 3, but especially the Weber. Also digging that 1x10 I got recently - Falco? (Sorry, it's tired and I'm late, and the name went and hid behind a neuron somewhere) Also - used your GK 4x10 and Sula 1x18 for the bass on this track I recorded today to demo a preset I threw together for Lightning Crashes by Live:

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 28: GTRN 2X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 2001 Guytron® GT212-OB™ 2x12 120w Guitar Cab. This cabinet included 2 AlNiCo magnet Fane® Alnico-12™ 12 inch 8 Ohm speakers made in England in 2001. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

https://bit.ly/3zCRMm9

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 28: GTRN 2X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 2001 Guytron® GT212-OB™ 2x12 120w Guitar Cab. This cabinet included 2 AlNiCo magnet Fane® Alnico-12™ 12 inch 8 Ohm speakers made in England in 2001. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

https://bit.ly/3zCRMm9
WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?image.jpg

Nice! Actually when you posted a picture of the Guytron on the forum days ago, I was chuckling to myself, "Just wait until Brad sees what I am releasing!"
will certainly pick it up..….but a bit disappointed that youwere unable to use one that has the bespoke guytron BigTone speakers inside….
and sadly, it appears that the Guytron company may have gone bye bye…the website is now unclaimed with no further info and I last checked it fairly recently.
Howzabout some FullRes stuff from you………?……….:)

will certainly pick it up..….but a bit disappointed that youwere unable to use one that has the bespoke guytron BigTone speakers inside….
and sadly, it appears that the Guytron company may have gone bye bye…the website is now unclaimed with no further info and I last checked it fairly recently.
Howzabout some FullRes stuff from you………?……….:)
Well, if I can find one in my area with the Big Tone speakers, and someone is willing to give me access, I will certainly capture the cab.

Regarding the FullRes files, I have offered 500 Ms and in phase off axis captures (labelled fig8) since day one of having my own site.

Mix those fig8 serially or parallel at -17 to -20 dBFS for some AITR fun or the PZM files at about -28 dBFS for some AITR fun or use the HypeReal mixes.

I tried some 1.5 sec long sweeps in my recording space, but my space is so non reflective and absorptive, that guitar cabs struggle to have any signal past 60 ms, so I am trying to figure out some more reflective spaces to capture as a pack.

Last edited:
Now all we need
Well, if I can find one in my area with the Big Tone speakers, and someone is willing to give me access, I will certainly capture the cab.

Regarding the FullRes files, I have offered 500 Ms and in phase off axis captures (labelled fig8) since day one of having my own site.

I tried some 1.5 sec long sweeps in my recording space, but my space is so non reflective and absorptive, that guitar cabs struggle to have any signal past 60 ms, so I am trying to figure out some more reflective spaces to capture as a pack.
i was going to to buy a Guytron bigtone cab, but chose instead a Barefaced 1x12 vented open back cab with a Creamback……never actually played thru a BigTone… but I will be seeing Jon Herrington use his killer Guytron based rig next week with Steely Dan!

Now all we need

i was going to to buy a Guytron bigtone cab, but chose instead a Barefaced 1x12 vented open back cab with a Creamback……never actually played thru a BigTone… but I will be seeing Jon Herrington use his killer Guytron based rig next week with Steely Dan!
Definitely let me know what you think.

Here's a cab equally useful for guitarists and bassists...

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 29: PEML 1X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 1980s Pearce Amplifiers® 1X12 Bass or Guitar Extension Cab with Electro-Voice ® EVM-12L Series II 12 inch speaker made in USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats (using 200ms & 500ms frequency sweeps).

https://bit.ly/3m2TAS0

This may interest @flying_walrus who was asking about a cab similar a bit back.

Here's a cab equally useful for guitarists and bassists...

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 29: PEML 1X12 Guitar Cab IR pack based upon 1980s Pearce Amplifiers® 1X12 Bass or Guitar Extension Cab with Electro-Voice ® EVM-12L Series II 12 inch speaker made in USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats (using 200ms & 500ms frequency sweeps).

https://bit.ly/3m2TAS0

This may interest @flying_walrus who was asking about a cab similar a bit back.
Those were cool little cabs. Where do you find all these?

Black Friday Sale for a limited time.

FAS Forum member coupon code to save 20% (with a purchase of more than $9.99 USD) is 21FAS21.

The coupon expires on November 30, 2021.

Please note: If you are a current Dr Bonkers customer that opted in for emails from me, please check your email, as you should have received a deeper discount code email from me.

Back
Top Bottom