Anyone Own A Mission Gemini Passive Cab?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. Just curious to see if anyone owns a Mission Gemini 1 or 2 passive cab and use their external power amp with it? I've been tempted to order the powered version of this cab either the 1x12 or the 2x12 but I recently bought a Matrix GT1000FX again and thought a passive cab might be better for me if I sell my Boogie 2x12 which I've owned for years. Don't get m wrong the Boogie sounds great but I think I'd like to stick with using FRFR's now that I've been using them for a while.

Will probably end up buying the powered version as well at some point to use with the FM9 knowing me lol

Many thanks
Paul

I'm about to swap out the speakers in my Boogie 2x12 for a couple of these
https://celestion.com/product/f12-x200/

So that's another option to go with your Matrix.
Thanks for the reply fellas. I had a bad experience with the F12 speakers a couple of months back. I bought a used Zilla cab with the F12 in, and that was unfortunately faulty. I didn't realise this at the time. I had to send the speaker to Celestion for them to test. There was a nasty coil rub causing unwanted distortion. They very kindly replaced the speaker for me as it was still under warranty but I just got put off by it all. From what I've heard though they sounded pretty decent but not for me unfortunately.

I think I'm gonna give the Mission Gemini 2 ago. I'll list my Boogie 2x12 on eBay/Reverb and see if I get any offers.

I friend of mine does (Gemini 2) - sounds and works great with a Matrix GT1000FX.
Does your friend run stereo with the Matrix and the Gemini? Or is he just running mono?

I'm now having 2nd thoughts if I should go with the 2x12 passive or not. Its quite heavy though which puts me off a little. Maybe I should just get the 1x12 powered version? That would mean selling my Matrix and not having the the ability to run stereo which I like to do with my red sounds. Not sure what to do now lol.

Last edited:
Does your friend run stereo with the Matrix and the Gemini? Or is he just running mono?

I'm now having 2nd thoughts if I should go with the 2x12 passive or not. Its quite heavy though which puts me off a little. Maybe I should just get the 1x12 powered version? That would mean selling my Matrix and not having the the ability to run stereo which I like to do with my red sounds. Not sure what to do now lol.
I believe it was in stereo. Haven't talked with him in a while so I'm not sure.

I believe it was in stereo. Haven't talked with him in a while so I'm not sure.
No worries thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with a powered Gemini 1 after all that. I just know the 2 is going to be too heavy to cart about to gigs and rehearsals. Not really bothered about using stereo anyway. Excited to see what it's like when it turns up. Look's like I don't need my Matrix amp after all.

Back
Top Bottom