FM9 is the ultimate

I'm blessed to have a III. I had an FM3, which I sold to get the FM9. Man .. this thing is just perfect. Size, power, ease of use, etc, etc. I know I'm repeating what others have already said but I wanted to take a minute to thank Fractal Audio for the time, money and effort they put into their products. It's really hard to properly explain how much pleasure and satisfaction this unit provides. Absolutely glad I made this purchase.

My FM9 arrived yesterday, my first Fractal product. BLOWN AWAY! And those are just the default presets! Playing thru a pair of Headrush 108s - sounds glorious. I had a Helix for almost a year, and could never quite get the high gain tones I was seeking, plus there was always "fizz" in the tones that I just couldn't dial out. Sold the Helix, and FAS can thank Leon Todd for making me a convert! :p

Almost 2 weeks now with my FM9 having moved over some presets from my FM3. What I really enjoy besides the switches is the greater CPU headroom available to me. Does the the FM9 sound better? No, not really although I now kick up the reverb quality and cabs and add a few extra delay and modulation tweaks to the old preset and it does make a difference.
I am stuck with a problem in that the FM3 will probably not get sold. It is the absolute best backup rig I can think of to complement the FM9. Also lessens the learning curve having both devices to tweak.

I also made the glorious upgrade. I was lucky enough to manage to sell my FM3 and FC-6 in a matter of minutes when I got the FM9 invite. No more struggling with the CPU + to my ears, sounds so much better.
Yes, I also sold my FM3 very quickly. Great unit and I agree that it's all round a better experience.

My FM9 arrived yesterday, my first Fractal product. BLOWN AWAY! And those are just the default presets! Playing thru a pair of Headrush 108s - sounds glorious. I had a Helix for almost a year, and could never quite get the high gain tones I was seeking, plus there was always "fizz" in the tones that I just couldn't dial out. Sold the Helix, and FAS can thank Leon Todd for making me a convert! :p
Leon is phenomenal! I've learned so much from his videos :)

Back
Top Bottom