Small mixer for Home studio MONITORING

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I have been using Small mackie VLZ mixers for a very long time in my home studio. Mainly for monitoring.
I need a new one and I am looking at these 2.

Mackie 1202VLZ4 12-channel Mixer - Soundcraft EPM8 10-channel Analog Mixer​

Any thoughts? Price is the same $295 vs $299
Thanks

I don't have experience with either of them and was going to say the Soundcraft looks better featured, but the extra two stereo inputs on the Mackie could be a difference maker if you wanted to run PC/Phone/Tablet/Xbox through as well as musical equipment. I have an older Yamaha MG-10 mixer I use and have hit the input wall on it.

I guess it comes down to if you need all those XLR ins on the soundcraft or if one happens to have higher sound quality than the other. I might look at the Mackie myself as it looks like the footprint is really compact on it.

Thanks
I just went ahead and bought the Mackie 1202 VLZ4. Like I said I have used them for many years. It does have many options, and you can use all the outputs. I have control room outs going to my Yamaha DXR10's and the main outs going to my Studio Monitors. Been this way for a long time.
Soundcraft looks good but I am use to the mackies. This one also has some really nice mic pres for a small mixer.

Back
Top Bottom