Fm9 order: Ready to capture?

ezvictor

Inspired
Edited: resolved. Normal behavior just me being anxious.

Got the invite Friday. Ordered right away (2:29 eastern) using CC. I have an order number and took a screenshot of the order and it says we are awaiting payment and when payment is received I will get an email. No email and the order on the website says “waiting to capture.”
Any ideas. I’m hoping Monday everything will come together. Anybody have any insight? I just emailed sales.

Last edited:
CC payments don’t usually post to the merchant’s account right away. Sometimes it’s next business day (if the card is charged early enough and there is swift settlement between merchant services and their account), sometimes it takes a few days - depending on the merchant’s account, their processor, and how they settle batches, etc.

They ain’t gonna stiff you. But, like most merchants, I’m certain that they have been ripped off a few times themselves, so, been bitten as they have been, allow them a few business days to collect funds before shipping.

…allowing time for payment to clear on expensive stuff? …it’s not personal. Just business. It’s a normal thing.

Congrats on your invite! Enjoy! :0)

Last edited:
Got a very prompt email reply from sales.fractal and he said this is the way. It will post Monday and be on its way 😀

Re:Mark-B I wasn’t worried they were going to stiff me. I was worried there was some sort of CC issue on my end. I don’t usually make large secretive (wife is unaware) purchases on my phone while my wife is driving through Gary Indiana. 🥴😂

Last edited:
Got a very prompt email reply from sales.fractal and he said this is the way. It will post Monday and be on its way 😀

Re:Mark-B I wasn’t worried they were going to stiff me. I was worried there was some sort of CC issue on my end. I don’t usually make large secretive (wife is unaware) purchases on my phone while my wife is driving through Gary Indiana. 🥴😂

Before I bought by first Fractal unit (AX8), I gave them a call to find out if there was going to be an issue with payment as my billing and shipping address is different. They guy I talked to on the phone - just an easy going kinda guy, said that if there were any issues they would call me. Great people these guys - they definitely have a small business mentality when it comes to valuing a customer and appreciating a sale.

Having said that, I doubt these guys are gonna dive in-between you and them daggers being stared your way sometime soon, but, hey, no pain no gain! :0)

Last edited:

Your wife is gonna notice though when you start playing guitar twice as much as you usually do. :D

Pro-tip from an old married guy: Distraction! I bought my AXElll a few days after buying my Wife a new car! She hardly noticed!!! …There was a quick darkening of expression and then she was back to being happy again!

So…

there’s that!

Married?

Need Fractal stuff?

New cars get it done! ..timing is everything on that though! They rarely stay happy for long.. 30-some years into marriage, a man quickly learns these things!

Last edited:
Pro-tip from an old married guy: Distraction! I bought my AXElll a few days after buying my Wire a new car! She hardly noticed!!! …There was a quick darkening of expression and then she was back to being happy again!

So…

there’s that!

Married?

Need Fractal stuff?

New cars get it done! ..timing is everything on that though! They rarely stay happy for long.. 30-some years into marriage, a man quickly learns these things!
Yeah a new car purchase is in the queue.
So my next thought is: How much to sell my axe fx 2 w/ Mfc for. Any reason to keep it once I have the fm9? As I understand, the MFC doesn’t work with the fm9 the way the it works with the axe fx2. Is that correct? Does it work at all? -as a curiosity.

So my next thought is: How much to sell my axe fx 2 w/ Mfc for. Any reason to keep it once I have the fm9? As I understand, the MFC doesn’t work with the fm9 the way the it works with the axe fx2. Is that correct? Does it work at all? -as a curiosity.
I have no experience with the fx2, though any standard midi device might work with the FM9? I stand to be corrected on that particular MFC unit though.

You could go to Reverb (or etc.), to price resale of the stuff you want to get rid of? ..it would at least give you an idea of the ballpark price maybe?

Best of luck with it! :0)

It can work as a generic midi controller... But with Tap+Hold switch functions, 8 easily accessible switch Layouts and per-preset overrides that are part of the FM9 already, it will probably feel like a clunky dinosaur that you don't really need.

The built-in in functions of the FM9 (which also extend to the FCs) are way more integrated than the MFC + Axe Fx II, in my opinion.

I would suggest you read the Fractal Audio Footswitch Function Guide while you wait for your unit (along with the other manuals).

Check out this thread for a handy reference for manual links:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rtfm-read-the-fine-manual.159203/

No email and the order on the website says “waiting to capture.”
When you paid with your credit card, that just cleared the way for Fractal to charge you. They won't actually capture your funds until they're ready to ship.

Back
Top Bottom