Monitor in DAW only

primal parallax

Hello all! So, my ultimate goal is to be able to run the amps of the Axe-fx III thru into the DAW and use Studio Cabs: Zilla instead of the cab block on the Axe-fx. My problem lies in that when I do this, I hear boh the cab-less tone being monitored through the speakers and the tone with the zilla cabs at the same time. I want to only hear the tone being monitored through the DAW track but I can't figure out how to do this. With my experimentation, I either will hear both or neither of the tones. I am using FL Studio. Is there a way I can make it so that I only hear the DAW and not also the monitoring directly from the axe fx to the speakers? Thanks!

To do this, turn on input monitoring in your DAW and use your mixer (if you’re using configuration 2 or 3) or your audio interface (if you’re using configuration 4 or 5) to turn down the audio coming from the AxeFX grid. If, however, you're using configuration 1, send the DAW output to usb channels 3/4 and connect your studio monitors to output 2 so you only hear the computer playback. Or use the "USB Output mapping" on the I/O settings to accomplish the same thing.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axefx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/

Use the OUT 2 block in your preset instead of the OUT 1 block. Record that using USB Inputs 3 & 4. That stops the live audio from getting to Output 1, so you'll only hear the DAW Playback/monitoring via USB Outputs 1 & 2 there.

Back
Top Bottom