Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

@FractalAudio on the new reverb preset Pegasus you can hear clicking on the first 8-9 repeats from the pitch shifted signals. The sound out of place enough that I suspect they aren't supposed to be there.

Pick a single note and once the shifted signal comes in it's rather apparent here in headphones.

I'm running it on a reverb block in parallel with mix at 100%. Otherwise it's using the preset settings as they're loaded.

Axe-Edit isn't running.

I hear it, but less prominently, on Capricorn as well but not on any of the other new presets.

Edit: Sagitarius too. Play a note. Let the reverb swell come in and then stop playing. In the reverbated signal there's ticking. Almost like there are step functions in the audio where you'd expect fades.

Last edited:
@FractalAudio on the new reverb preset Pegasus you can hear clicking on the first 8-9 repeats from the pitch shifted signals. The sound out of place enough that I suspect they aren't supposed to be there.

Pick a single note and once the shifted signal comes in it's rather apparent here in headphones.

I'm running it on a reverb block in parallel with mix at 100%. Otherwise it's using the preset settings as they're loaded.

Axe-Edit isn't running.

I hear it, but less prominently, on Capricorn as well but not on any of the other new presets.

Edit: Sagitarius too. Play a note. Let the reverb swell come in and then stop playing. In the reverbated signal there's ticking. Almost like there are step functions in the audio where you'd expect fades.
Not happening here. Check your CPU.

Axe-Edit isn't running.

Can that be the splice length function? Going by memory, I believe there's at least 3 more reverb types in this update!

Axe-Edit isn't running.

This is very similar to what I was hearing on the last Beta, though not as consistent. Before it was a steady about 500ms click or tick. This time it seems more random. Interestingly, just like last time, I powered cycled my Axe III (MK1) and again the ticking is gone. My CPU load is about 56% on the factory Plexi 50W preset.

Could it be something weird about how it's initializing on the first boot after a FW update? Subsequent reboots have been fine with both betas. No static or ticking and all the reverbs sound great.

This is very similar to what I was hearing on the last Beta, though not as consistent. Before it was a steady about 500ms click or tick. This time it seems more random. Interestingly, just like last time, I powered cycled my Axe III (MK1) and again the ticking is gone. My CPU load is about 56% on the factory Plexi 50W preset.

Could it be something weird about how it's initializing on the first boot after a FW update? Subsequent reboots have been fine with both betas. No static or ticking and all the reverbs sound great.
Hmm. No, this sounds like the edges of the splices being step functions.

I must say, these reverb block updates are really something else. Playing with the new algorithms is like painting with multiple brushes at the same time. I feel like I'm conducting a orchestra with my note choices or like the unit is talking back to me in a slightly different voice. Very inpsiring stuff.

Continuing my bought of "sensitive sunday" clips....

Last edited:
Yea, possibly. I think this is definitely in the echoes. If you're not hearing it, then it's as intended.
I do hear distinct edges but that's because you're putting a pretty distorted tone in and striking the note hard. Remember when you shift up you're speeding everything up so the initial transient gets compressed in time and becomes more pronounced. When you use distortion that initial transient is even sharper.

I do hear distinct edges but that's because you're putting a pretty distorted tone in and striking the note hard. Remember when you shift up you're speeding everything up so the initial transient gets compressed in time and becomes more pronounced. When you use distortion that initial transient is even sharper.
You are, of course, correct: if I use a clean tone instead I don't get the clicks.

I went straight to that factory AC-20 preset without passing through clean land first and collecting my $200 dollars. :)

Is allowing for adjustment of the fade in/out length of the samples possible? If I could make the fade on the sample a little longer when using it with the distorted signal I wouldn't get the collison on the end and start of the repeats, pehaps.

Would the addition of a 'Compander' help here?

Loving it in the Delay blocks.

Back
Top Bottom