AFIII Ratt - Lay It Down (Intro)

Jason Scott

Fractal Fanatic
Normally, I try to replicate the guitar tone on a commercial recording as closely as possible; however, in this case, I'm not a huge fan of the original tone, so here's an alternate take:

Attachments

• Preset & Cab Bundle.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this bundle. Sounds great . Just curious as to the cab chosen " FLC Boogieman 48khz " Can you please elaborate on this ? Really appreciate it.. Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing this bundle. Sounds great . Just curious as to the cab chosen " FLC Boogieman 48khz " Can you please elaborate on this ? Really appreciate it.. Thanks again.
You're welcome. I don't know anything about the IR, other than it was included in a free bundle a few years ago.

Good job Jason, I tried replicating the tone when I had a go

That tone is extremely faithful to the original. Tone Match? I generally try to replicate the guitar tone on a commercial recording as closely as possible using Tone Match, though in this case, as mentioned in the OP, I'm just not the biggest fan of the tone in the original recording.

That tone is extremely faithful to the original. Tone Match? I generally try to replicate the guitar tone on a commercial recording as closely as possible using Tone Match, though in this case, as mentioned in the OP, I'm just not the biggest fan of the tone in the original recording.
Yes sort of, I used a tone match cab that someone posted a few years ago but all other blocks were my own. Thats fair enough, I quite like it myself but its all subjective I suppose.

Invasion of Your Privacy is a benchmark of early cock rock guitar tone. Fantastic tones, imo. Lay It Down is also hard as f*ck to play correctly.

Your version sounds great and the playing sounds excellent as well.

Invasion of Your Privacy is a benchmark of early cock rock guitar tone. Fantastic tones, imo. Lay It Down is also hard as f*ck to play correctly.

Your version sounds great and the playing sounds excellent as well.
Thanks, JT. It's one of their best licks, in my opinion, and yeah, it is a bitch to play correctly.

Reactions: JTI
Back
Top Bottom