Waitlist Email

I use an electric guitar that also has a Piezo pickup in it. I often run clean electric sounds along with the acoustic sounds. I want to be able to run them both through this one unit. I flip back and forth as well. I also use overdriven sounds with the same guitar. So I need clean, acoustic, both of those and OD tones in one patch.
You might want to consider an FM9+FM3 combination. Run the piezo through the FM3, and control it via MIDI from the FM9. It'd be very flexible, and would provide a backup.

You might want to consider an FM9+FM3 combination. Run the piezo through the FM3, and control it via MIDI from the FM9. It'd be very flexible, and would provide a backup.

I think if I went to carrying two units I would probably just go to the III. I just need to think through that if the FM9 won't get me where I want to do. I will probably have to wait to get one here in the house so I can play with it and test it out.

I use an electric guitar that also has a Piezo pickup in it. I often run clean electric sounds along with the acoustic sounds. I want to be able to run them both through this one unit. I flip back and forth as well. I also use overdriven sounds with the same guitar. So I need clean, acoustic, both of those and OD tones in one patch.
Yeah if you need both together probably go with Ax3 otherwise FM9 would work. I use scenes for songs with an acoustic section and scenes for other but not both together.

Had trigger finger surgery on the index and ring fingers of my fretting hand in June this year. Just now getting back to full use. Lost a good bit of feeling in my index finger and a bit in middle and ring. Basically took these 3 months to recover it. Best of luck to all you guys about to go through it!

Waitlist time: 2:12pm Eastern :)
I pray I never hurt my hands or fingers. I've done had elbow, both shoulders, knee, ankle, and now foot surgery. But please Lord spare me from my hands.

I will have to put a lot of thought into it before going to the flagship model. I tried gigging an Ultra years ago and it didn't work well for me at all. I had to take my laptop to every gig and connect it up and keep it running in case I wanted to make a tweak to anything. I found the front of the unit too much to deal with quickly for tweaks. I have the feeling that the Axe III would be a very similar experience if not exactly the same. It may be better since there are encoders under the screen.
As someone else pointed out, the addition of performance pages makes that a non-issue. I gig mine in a small rack case on top of a pair of 1x12 stacked. It is no different than turning around and tweaking a knob on your tube amp. In addition, you can customize it with up to 24 parameters from nearly anything that is adjustable on the amp. The most effective to me was setting the output 1 and output 2 to parametric EQ and putting those controls on a performance page. I tweak those per venue to make my ears happy behind the mains and in front of the mains. What a great time to be a gigging guitar player!

My Go2 guitar (for my wedding band) is my PRS Hollowbody II with Piezo. The way I run it is main 1/4 out into AF --- AF XLR. Board. The Piezo 1/4 inch out from guitar into DI. DI out - XLR> direct into the board (it has its own Chanel). It sounds ridiculous -- flip switch on PRS -- 100% acoustic - flip back electric. Works great on tunes like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

Any recent orders ? and what was the time of order?
I haven’t seen any new information from users. Fractal said they had temporary shifted to processing orders for the FX3 Turbo because they had such a huge volume of orders.

Based on FM9 orders just prior to that, we’re sitting at 33 days, 33 minutes in the queue before receiving an invitation, but with the Turbo delay there’s an additional week to be added, so figure about 40 days. Hopefully there’ll be some FM9 invites posted after 1pm Fractal time today.

Can be done on the FM9 (depending on how many effects you want to add). I just set this up with my Knaggs Chena (with piezo). Running around 76% CPU utilization. Could probably shave a bit off that by taking out unused shunts.

Attachments

• Piezo.jpg
    Piezo.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 19
I just received my invite. I didn't get a confirmation email initially, but I know I sent my waitlist request on 08/27 at 1:41pm EDT. I'm really on the fence as to whether I'm going to purchase or not, but either way, I wanted to do my part and report in for those still waiting.

Can be done on the FM9 (depending on how many effects you want to add). I just set this up with my Knaggs Chena (with piezo). Running around 76% CPU utilization. Could probably shave a bit off that by taking out unused shunts.
That is encouraging. Thank you for posting that.

Back
Top Bottom