How to use Axefx with two line 6 rackmount wireless receivers ? Help please

NickH

Hi there- about to start gigging again and want to use my new brilliant Axefx 3.

I have to swap frequently between 2 guitars live - one in standard and one in e flat tuning . In the past I used an AX8 fed by guitar signal from one line6 pedal board receiver with each guitar transmitter set to a different wireless channel . Each time i changed guitar I bent down and changed by hand receiver channel on line6 pedal .(My back hurts and I need to keep changes quick lol ! so looking to refine )

Now putting Axefx in a rack and want to utilise my existing transmitters ( I have 3 ) .

I am thinking that I buy 2 used line6 rackmount receivers and set each one to a different channel then take unbalanced output from each reciever into a passive 2 inputs 1 output box ( brightonion custom?) then plug the one out put into Axefx instrument input on the back of the Axefx.

Any views or better ways of doing this please?- in particular I wouldn't want to lose any more tone goodness by using a simple passive box if that's what would happen .

thanks and best wishes

Nick

I donot have any experience with wireless receivers so i cannot help you with that. But try using the Virtual capo with the pitchblock and go down half step that is -1 and play on the same guitar. Chances are you may want to let go of the second guitar completely . A way simpler solution. Place the pitch block virtual capo first in the signal chain,

If not i'm sure someone here maybe able to answer to your query.

Last edited:
Why don't you just simplify it by using two transmitters with one receiver? Obviously, you can't have both on at the same time, which you won't in this case. Just power off the transmitter on Guitar 1, grab the next guitar, turn the transmitter on Guitar 2. I don't use Line-6, but I'm pretty sure this is possible with their stuff (like Shure, etc).

Why don't you just simplify it by using two transmitters with one receiver? Obviously, you can't have both on at the same time, which you won't in this case. Just power off the transmitter on Guitar 1, grab the next guitar, turn the transmitter on Guitar 2. I don't use Line-6, but I'm pretty sure this is possible with their stuff (like Shure, etc).

Thanks for the replies - I have tried this but the start up time is too long on the transmitter when switching back on - also there is a mute button but this can be a faff as difficult to feel if it is on . My band is a cheesy function band and the aim is to keep them dancing so must be super quick change .

Any reason you couldn't just do this? One receiver into input 1, the other into input 2 left. Leave them both on at all times, just roll down guitar's volume knob on the one you aren't using.

Untitled.png

Any reason you couldn't just do this? One receiver into input 1, the other into input 2 left. Leave them both on at all times, just roll down guitar's volume knob on the one you aren't using.

View attachment 89352
Hi there - Good point , had just came to same thought.

However think I read that the instrument input should be used for guitar as factory presets set up for this level ?- hope I am wrong !??

thanks

can you wear the wireless pack on your belt and just unplug the cable when you switch guitars? like you would with a regular cable.
That's what I do. (Well, the transmitter is in my back pocket, but still the same concept.) I switch between 4 guitars all night long. I have one of my expression pedals set up as a volume pedal on all presets, so I just use that to mute between songs. I can swap guitars in less time than it takes for the singer to thank the crowd and announce the next song.

You could use an AB switch. I use to have my Line 6 rackmount unit on different channels but now I just use four transmitters on one channel. When I walk over to the side of the stage I turn off my transmitter and my tech turns the one on the guitar he's handing me and it's much simpler and fairly quick.

I have the G90 and have run two transmitters on different frequencies. I have the G90 set so where I hit the channel select button and it toggles between the two frequencies...easy peasy. Sorry if this isn't answering your question.

Why not just use one transmitter hook it to your belt to your belt and you could have 5 guitars to change all you do is unplug it pick up another guitar plug it in done

I use a g50 and two transmitters. Turn off guitar A and set it down, pickup guitar B and turn it on. The whole process takes about ten seconds, don't overthink it and don't add more gear. K.I.S.S.

I switch between multiple guitars and one transmitter just stepping on the tuner button (FC-12), which mutes the snap, crackles and pops. Takes 5 seconds.

I use a G75 and 2 transmitters . I can have multiple scenes on the G75 and I have the footswitch connection setup for MIDI control.
This lets me cycle through scenes. On each scene I can specify to use any combination of outputs A, B, and C. Each scene can use a different (or same) channel, set cable length emulation, or boost/cut the output, I have a scene where I boost the output a couple of dbs to have my Jazzmaster somewhat match the levels of my other guitars. Usually I just use one channel though. Since turning the receivers on/off is silent, I just turn one off as I am setting the guitar down and the other on when picking it up.

Back
Top Bottom