The music that got you going

Creed's One Last Breath made me pick up my mom's old guitar. Discovering Collective Soul Heavy was another big one. Still my favorite band. I love what they do with hooks.

311's blue album and Incubus's Make Yourself are probably what made me wanna pick up guitar. Early Chevelle and Deftones inspired damn near every piece of music I've ever written.

First guitar influence was Glenn Campbell, about the time Gentle on my Mind was a hit. The next landmark was Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow album. Lots of other influences along the way.

The Allman Brothers until after Eat A Peach, early Clapton until his second solo album plus Derek and the Dominos, everything Jeff Beck did, Rory Gallagher.

Pop radio, then by the time I was interested in guitar, Beatles, Byrds etc, then Hendrix, Allmans, etc. Not sorry about any of that, still love it all.

I started out as a drummer. Took up guitar in 1976 after being influenced by all the great rock, folk, r&b, and pop acts of the 60s and 70s. It just happened that some of the most classic rock albums came out in ‘76/‘77, so I had endless inspiration added on. While my transition from drums to guitar wasn’t as successful as Eddie’s, I’ve never looked back or regretted the swap. Guitars rock the world.

1st ones were "Ride the Lightning" and "Killers" for playing guitar. UFO and Alice Cooper first real Rock that got me going.

Back
Top Bottom