Mounting FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to Temple Audio boards?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
For those of you mounting your FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to a Temple Audio board, are you using the M3.5x.06 16mm screws?

And are those being used with the "end caps" still on the unit, or removed?

Also, anywhere in the US to source said screws where I can buy less than 100? The local Ace hardware is the best resource around me for this type of thing but they carry no M3.5 at all.

I plan to mount both an FM9 and and FC-12 so I guess I need 8-12 of these screws?

Mounting fc-12 here. I use the screws that came with (end cap screws) with end caps on. Screw holes line up perfect with the temple template. I’ve done it without the end caps and everything still works great.

Mounting fc-12 here. I use the screws that came with (end cap screws) with end caps on. Screw holes line up perfect with the temple template. I’ve done it without the end caps and everything still works great.
Thanks for that info.

I was planning to try it but since I saw a number of posts about the replacement screws I assumed they must be necessary.

I’ve had this setup going now for a little over a year and have never had any problems! I don’t have it in front of me, but i believe i even threw a small washer between the bottom of the board and top of the screw and it still had plenty of grab to hold it down and stay firm.

I used some nice perspex spacer bits that @ZenRigs Man has, and used four of the Temple medium mounts spaced relatively close to the corners of the bottom of the unit to mount them. I used the Temple double-sided adhesive bits to stick the perspex bits to the medium mounts, mounted them at the prescribed locations on the Temple board, then used extra double-sided adhesive bits to stick the FC6 to the perspex bits. Rock solid, and easy to re-locate with just a twist of four thumb screws.
0929212220a_HDR.jpg
0929212220b_HDR.jpg
0929212225.jpg
0929212225a.jpg

They're about 9mm thick or so. Cables run under the FC very nicely, so they can be routed fairly effectively. The lighting kits can be stuck to the perspex bits to spice things up a bit. The only worry is making sure you don't cover the vent in the bottom on the FM units with the mount. Might do to have five perspex bits and do two adjacent to the vent to add a bit more support in that area since you can't get out too close to the corner....

I used some nice perspex spacer bits that @ZenRigs Man has, and used four of the Temple medium mounts spaced relatively close to the corners of the bottom of the unit to mount them. I used the Temple double-sided adhesive bits to stick the perspex bits to the medium mounts, mounted them at the prescribed locations on the Temple board, then used extra double-sided adhesive bits to stick the FC6 to the perspex bits. Rock solid, and easy to re-locate with just a twist of four thumb screws.
0929212220a_HDR.jpg
0929212220b_HDR.jpg
0929212225.jpg
0929212225a.jpg

They're about 9mm thick or so. Cables run under the FC very nicely, so they can be routed fairly effectively. The lighting kits can be stuck to the perspex bits to spice things up a bit. The only worry is making sure you don't cover the vent in the bottom on the FM units with the mount. Might do to have five perspex bits and do two adjacent to the vent to add a bit more support in that area since you can't get out too close to the corner....
That's a great idea Joe thanks for posting. I use Sukh's uni riser as well but have just used velcro on both sides to secure to my FC12 and FC6 to my Temple boards. When I get my FM9 I'm gonna get some medium Temple plates and try that. I like the idea of being able to loosen the thumbscrew's and just remove the FM9 or my FC's without any problems.

Now why didn't I think If that! lol

That's a great idea Joe thanks for posting. I use Sukh's uni riser as well but have just used velcro on both sides to secure to my FC12 and FC6 to my Temple boards. When I get my FM9 I'm gonna get some medium Temple plates and try that. I like the idea of being able to loosen the thumbscrew's and just remove the FM9 or my FC's without any problems.

Now why didn't I think If that! lol

Wait till you can route the cables under the box. Total game changer. I have the 'flat patch' cables, and they tuck in so neatly it's ridiculous....

0930211255.jpg

Wait till you can route the cables under the box. Total game changer. I have the 'flat patch' cables, and they tuck in so neatly it's ridiculous....
EBS Flat ribbon cables from Amazon? They are great! Not expensive at all and they are really good quality. I have some custom made square plug cables also and I have to say a couple of them have decided not to work after switching my pedalboard around so much. The EBS ones though they seem to hold up really well and as you say tuck in nicely.

EBS Flat ribbon cables from Amazon? They are great! Not expensive at all and they are really good quality. I have some custom made square plug cables also and I have to say a couple of them have decided not to work after switching my pedalboard around so much. The EBS ones though they seem to hold up really well and as you say tuck in nicely.
Yes, and so far so good. I think Sweetwater carries them also. I saw some on a display rack when I went there last month (it was a 40 min. jaunt from my mom's place)....

Well... Apparently the FM9 screws are shorter because they will definitely not make it thru the board and end caps to the unit. :(

Not sure how long the FC screws are, but here's what the FM9 screws look like:

FC57CC4E-F628-4378-915F-0C873148AB0A.jpeg

Well... Apparently the FM9 screws are shorter because they will definitely not make it thru the board and end caps to the unit. :(

Not sure how long the FC screws are, but here's what the FM9 screws look like:
oh man that’s a mega bummer! I appreciate the info. Still on the waitlist for mine. Really getting tired of seeing all these people hocking them on reverb for double the price when i actually gig with an axe fx 3 every weekend in a damn heavy rack that weighs a ton. FM9 would solve all my problems. @FractalAudio can you please get me in on the next round - i promise that I’m using it in the wild 😭😭😭

Back
Top Bottom