Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 4

Just an idea to help MK1 users. What if it was possible to connect a usb-stick containing fullres cabs to the axe using a small usb-hub. Then add an option per preset that automatically transfers preset-specific fullres to scratchpad on preset change :)

Just loaded up Beta10 to try it.
Why does the FC now ignore the bank limits that are set? I have mine set to wrap from bank 1 to Bank 17 (where all my gigging presets are) but the FC12 still banks up or down 000 - 102.
Also, the row of presets now flashes until one is selected. Is there a way to stop that happening?

What was the root reason for the scratchy sound?

Probably corrupt data as Cliff mentioned he forgot to multiply the size in memcpy() by sizeof(). In C/C++ if you copy an array that contains values with memcpy(*dest, *src, size) you will have to multiply size with the size of the element type in your array (size is bytes). So if your array contains float values (32bit=4byte) multiply it by 4 or sizeof(float), if it contains double (64bit=8byte) multiply it by 8 or sizeof(double). If you forget this you will copy only the beginning of the array and the other part of *dest will contain random data (what was there in memory before).

Why does the FC now ignore the bank limits that are set? I have mine set to wrap from bank 1 to Bank 17 (where all my gigging presets are) but the FC12 still banks up or down 000 - 102.
Also, the row of presets now flashes until one is selected. Is there a way to stop that happening?
Mk1?

I noticed I do get a CPU-warning message when using FullRes, with about every factory preset where I add the two IR's..

I am
REALLY
impressed with the sound of these FullRes files through quality headphones ..so far just used them with @austinbuddy EC Tweed and Dmble presets with no CPU issue as of yet.
Thanks to @Valhallir for providing our first peek into this new dimension ….who mentioned that addition of FullRes files to their existing V2cabpacks was now happening …was wondering if any had yet been posted to the https://valhallir.at/ Website, and if so, which ones….?

The IRs definitely add something. Through headphones, the ambience is really useful. Thanks for finding a solution for us mk1 users, Cliff.

The new TS variants sound and feel great, too. Not selling my JHS Bonsai just yet, but getting close. The Maxon model is outstanding.

I am
REALLY
impressed with the sound of these FullRes files through quality headphones ..so far just used them with @austinbuddy EC Tweed and Dmble presets with no CPU issue as of yet.
Thanks to @Valhallir for providing our first peek into this new dimension ….who mentioned that addition of FullRes files to their existing V2cabpacks was now happening …was wondering if any had yet been posted to the https://valhallir.at/ Website, and if so, which ones….?
Hi Brad, the V2-Leo59, the V2-Green 69, the V2-Fred, V2-OR1972, V2-TBAC65 already have the 1370ms folders in the download area. But more get added every day and all packs should be done within the upcoming week.

Cheers,
Andy

Just an idea to help MK1 users. What if it was possible to connect a usb-stick containing fullres cabs to the axe using a small usb-hub. Then add an option per preset that automatically transfers preset-specific fullres to scratchpad on preset change :)
The USB on the FX3 isn’t capable of acting like a host, it’s a peripheral, like a USB-attached printer or disk.

Hi, folks, I don't want to bother you with this but after flashing Firmware 17.00 Beta 2 I've lost Factory 2 slots from 273 to 1024. I have MKI, also lost and all User 1 and 2 slots but that's not a problem. What shoud I do to take them back. Tried with flashing this Beta 4 but nothing happend? Any suggestions. Thanks?

Last edited:
Hi, folks, I don't want to boder you with this but after flashing Firmware 17.00 Beta 2 I've lost Factory 2 slots from 273 to 1024. I have MKI, also lost and all User 1 and 2 slots but that's not a problem. What shoud I do to take them back. Tried with flashing this Beta 4 but nothing happend? Any suggestions. Thanks?
Lost how? You can't see those factory IRs on the hardware or in Axe-Edit?

I just shaved a percent or two off the FullRes processing algorithm. The documentation doesn't allude to it but I suspected that the inverse FFT function only needs the first N/2+1 points if the result is real. Sure enough, the data above Nyquist is not used so I was able to remove the "mirroring code".

I won't be releasing another version today as I'm off to the Patriots game.

I noticed the preset button LEDs flashing on my MK1 and FC12 too. I'll check if the bank issue is happening as well. Mines been set to access all of them so far.

Edit: Yeah, Bank Upper and Bank Lower limits are being ignored on my FC12 as well. FW17 Beta 10 and FW 1.12 on the FC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom