Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that’s something that’s already addressed by Cliff, it will be fixed in the next firmware update, as far as I know.

Make no mistake, it does sound good.

Though I do wonder why this is a sought after sound (not your tone or playing, but the general timbre of the "AITR" here) when it sounds pretty similar to the early days of YouTube videos before people started micing up amps.

AITR is just another tool. If you want the direct and immediate sound of a close mic’d amp don’t use it. If you want to simulate a space add them in. Personally I love them for rock or blues sounds - for metal or anything shreddy they make the amp too far away in my audio field. Ymmv etc etc.

We just need a pile of rooms to play with now!

So, stupid question - FullRES IRs should probably not be used live, right?

There are no rules. e.g.: if you used it at the studio and you want to sound live as in the record, you would want to use it. Or you are playing open air, in a venue without reflections, it may add some ambient and intimacy

Last edited:
I just thought of something … Hetfield’s original tone was created by the resonance between a cab or two and a small space. I’ll bet someone could make a FullRes of that …

Last edited:
AITR is just another tool. If you want the direct and immediate sound of a close mic’d amp don’t use it. If you want to simulate a space add them in. Personally I love them for rock or blues sounds - for metal or anything shreddy they make the amp too far away in my audio field. Ymmv etc etc.

We just need a pile of rooms to play with now!
As with everything, season to taste. For me, "a little dab'll do ya." It definitely adds a sense of place/space better than a typical algo reverb. Will have to try algo reverb with its mix skewed towards more early reflections and less wash, to see if that plays a part....

To me, it smooths the sound in a way that I prefer listening to. You could create a great room ambience with the already available options, but it will not sound the same. Not worse, but just not the same. I love it.

So I came up with a solution for Mark I owners: the Scratchpad bank supports both standard and FullRes IRs. Obviously you'll lose your IR when you power off.

Thanks-this will be a way for mk1 owners to play with the feature. Did you decide that sacrificing the second user bank to allow a few storad FullRes IRs was not an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom