Sanitizing a FM3?

Leave it in the garage for two weeks.

Once was a time when that was recommended for everything you got from anywhere. I think it was determined that covid (assuming that's what you're concerned about) isn't spread via surfaces and objects much. Airborn droplets are the biggest issue.

When you wipe with those Clorox wipes, read the fine print. That sauce needs to be on there for at least 10 minutes for it to have any effect on any bacteria or viral particles. Clorox wipes are basically a joke. You're far better off with alcohol wipes. Good ole fashioned EtOH. DO NOT USE ACETONE. Acetone melts plastics.

Leave it in the garage for two weeks.

Once was a time when that was recommended for everything you got from anywhere. I think it was determined that covid (assuming that's what you're concerned about) isn't spread via surfaces and objects much. Airborn droplets are the biggest issue.
This is my suggestion. I regularly send equipment from a skilled nursing facility to be repaired and the protocol is to let that box sit untouched for 3 days.

Need some advice. Pulled the trigger on a used fm3..waiting for it to arrive. How do i sanitize it?

Wash your hands and wear gloves.
Clean the unit. Dirt prevents proper sanitization.
Use a 70-90% alcohol solution (not greater than 90% or the alcohol evaporates before it kills viruses and bacterias) and wipe the entire surface of the unit.
Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Using a rag dampened with water, wipe down the unit.
remove your gloves and wash your hands.

Done

Back
Top Bottom