Metallica Album Presets

Chris B.

All, I have been searching for some good Metallica tones to represent all of their albums. I cam across some free IRs by BGelais on youtube and an old tutorial for setting up these IRs on an AX8 from Plague Scythe Studios. I used these two guidelines to come up with 2 presets that span from Kill'em All to Hardwired. I look forward to your feedback, and if I was able to help at least one more Metallica fan, I will consider this effort a success.

I used the puppet IR and the shortest straw IR for MOP and AJFA respectively. All others should be self explanatory.

Attachments

• Tallica 1_20201011_145434.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Tallica 2_20201011_145439.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 144
My mind was obviously wandering when I wrote earlier, as I was truly meaning links to where you found the IRs. Sorry for the confusion, but thanks. Cheers.

I finally got to actually play with the presets, and they sound great. Thanks for sharing these. Cheers, Lee
Thanks!, I just updated my Tallica 2 one. I changed the amp to a recto red and that helped a lot. Glad you enjoyed. The AJFA tone particularly is addicting to me.

I forgot to mention that I didn't see the shortest straw in the IRs that I downloaded from BGelais. The AJFA scene still sounds cool, (I just set the cab to Hardired IR) but I'm wondering what awesomeness I might be missing. ;)

I forgot to mention that I didn't see the shortest straw in the IRs that I downloaded from BGelais. The AJFA scene still sounds cool, (I just set the cab to Hardired IR) but I'm wondering what awesomeness I might be missing. ;)
Try the google drive links from here:
and try here for some different IRs for Load/Reload/Garage inc: They sound good, but don't use the cameron. use the recto red 1 and no drive block.

Hi, I'm pretty new to this, so suck at all this stuff. I don't blame you if you run off from any of these dumb questions, ha.

Anyway, I got your presets in and loaded up. Your efforts here are much appreciated!

I found the link for the other guy's IRs and loaded them up. Your presets usually have two amps and two cabs. I'd insert the IR for the stereo version of whatever album matched your preset to whichever cab block was highlighted, but then sometimes after I'd come back it would be different (I saved them at each point, so that's not how I screwed up). Sometimes IRs I loaded for one album would show up in another, etc.

My guess is it has something to do with channels and such, which I've never really understood how that feature works. Or do I need to put the same IR into both cab slots? I'm just guessing here.

Also, which cabs do you use for loads and death magnetic as he has a hardwired but the rest stop at black album?

And which do you recommend for clean and chorus? I put his Hetfield Clean IR in for the clean so far.

Thanks for your help, these should be awesome once I get them dialed in. Thanks again, Joe

Hi, I'm pretty new to this, so suck at all this stuff. I don't blame you if you run off from any of these dumb questions, ha.

Anyway, I got your presets in and loaded up. Your efforts here are much appreciated!

I found the link for the other guy's IRs and loaded them up. Your presets usually have two amps and two cabs. I'd insert the IR for the stereo version of whatever album matched your preset to whichever cab block was highlighted, but then sometimes after I'd come back it would be different (I saved them at each point, so that's not how I screwed up). Sometimes IRs I loaded for one album would show up in another, etc.

My guess is it has something to do with channels and such, which I've never really understood how that feature works. Or do I need to put the same IR into both cab slots? I'm just guessing here.

Also, which cabs do you use for loads and death magnetic as he has a hardwired but the rest stop at black album?

And which do you recommend for clean and chorus? I put his Hetfield Clean IR in for the clean so far.

Thanks for your help, these should be awesome once I get them dialed in. Thanks again, Joe
Joe,

No worries on the learning curve; eventually it will come to you.

1. If you can't find the right IRs, I would recommend also searching Plague Scythe Studios Youtube links above. They have the other IRs. The load/death cabs should be there. Use TTE Tactical for Load, TTE Sheds for Garage Days, Death Magnetic IR, and Hardwired IR. These are all on the Plague Scythe youtube links. There are two separate videos. One with the TTE IRs and the other with the remaining.
2. I do not use the stereo IRs
3. For clean, there is a Roland JC120 IR that was provided i believe from BGelais newest pack.
4. I can't see exactly what your attempting with the scenes/channels, but essentially there are 4 channels per block and there are two amp/cab blocks. for each scene i ensure that the correct amp channel and cab channel are selected on the correct amp/cab block and ensure the other amp/cab blocks are bypassed. Repeat for the next scene. One thing to consider is that if you are storing your user Cabs in a different location then the location i used, it is possible that the user cab you have selected is not the intended one for the preset. This depends how you added your user cabs. For instance, you can drag and drop IRs onto the cab block, or you can save the new IRs as new user Cabs first, and then pick the correct one from the cab block.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris,

when I updated to 14.1 the presets sounded weird. Is there something I can do when they change firmware to keep this from happening or a certain parameter I can tweak to get them back sounding right? Thanks for your help.

Hey Chris,

when I updated to 14.1 the presets sounded weird. Is there something I can do when they change firmware to keep this from happening or a certain parameter I can tweak to get them back sounding right? Thanks for your help.
I am not sure. I believe I am on 14.05 and no issues on my end. I think after 14.06 the update jumped to 15 so not sure if you mean 14.01.

thanks Chris 👍, looking forward to checking these out
No problem. These were not made with the new Cygnus amps. I haven’t quite figured out how to get them to sound near as good with the Cygnus amps. If you have luck let me know. I’ve actually stayed on version 14 because I was struggling to get a good sound with version 15.

No problem. These were not made with the new Cygnus amps. I haven’t quite figured out how to get them to sound near as good with the Cygnus amps. If you have luck let me know. I’ve actually stayed on version 14 because I was struggling to get a good sound with version 15.
hmmmm very ordinary in 16.04 not even close to the Tutorial, which is disappointing but also an opportunity. I'll play around on the weekend and see if I can make some any improvements

Back
Top Bottom