Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this: http://www.echothief.com/

They have a stereo IR that is supposedly from the original Batcave.

Going to check it out in the IR player.... :D
Hey, that's Chris Warren, a grad school colleague of mine who performs widely and teaches at San Diego State University. He did a real cool version of Alvin Lucier's "I'm Sitting in a Room," but playing with the latency of zoom to make it "I'm Sitting in a Zoom Room" (being a professor during covid and all). So he's always had a deep interest in capturing unique reverberant spaces, whether natural or artificial. Great extended range/stick player as well.

(Sorry for the tangent)

I can get V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFL to load into Cab 3 (User 3 slot 1), but when I send V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFR (I have Cab 4/slot 2 selected) the IR loads over -FFL in Cab 3. I have tried doing them in opposite order but everything I send ends up in Cab 3.

There must be a step I am missing. Please send help I still haven't slept. :sleeping:

Edit: Solved it! I used Cab 3 to get the files into my User 3 library and can dial them in on 3/4 now. Time to test drive.

Last edited:
mooooooore IR's..... with this one it sounds strange for me, like 1 IR is with an amp, and if put Viper IR, its like a mix of a amp through a cab + amp without a cab for me, mix of these two, so it sounds very strange, like i would have dual amp setup, but one silently without an IR, i guess once we get more IR's ill be able to feel some good options to use :/

I got 'em working but the artifacts are kinda ruining it for now. Otherwise, sounds freaking astonishing. I need more more more.

With the Mk2's increased memory for such things as full res IR's - up to 64, I curious how everyones manage/organization of cabs will change going forward as more and more full res IR's are produced? Will 64 be the max limit even on the Mk2?

I've always been one to load up more IR's than I'll use and then cycle through to find the ones I like. I suppose with a limit of 64, that method will need to change and force me to better manage which cabs I store on the Axe FX.

Anyway, just something I was thinking about and was curious what everyone else thought!

I’m not sure I’ll use fullres IRs for all my presets as using a stereo fullres pair of IRs add 25% CPU usage which is too much for a lot of my presets. I think 64 will be fine as you add them to existing cab IRS to add room character. I’m assuming the room IR homogenises the sound more so speaker to mic position isn’t critical and there aren’t multiple fullres IRS for each cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom