Layouts

Jipps0525

Power User
I want to have my FM9 setup mostly like my FM3/FC6 combo. Three left switches are Preset, Scenes, EFX and then whatever I push will change the 6 buttons to the right of the unit. How do I accomplish that? Right now I am in the OMFG9 layout and I customized the buttons how I want it, but if I hit presets, or scenes, or EFX it changes the whole layout

Can't you just drag them in FCEdit and they'll swap locations? Like drag Scenes to the first footswitch, then Presets to the 2nd?

that’s because pressing those changes the Layout. You need to have the same switch definitions on each layout for “the switches that shouldn’t change.”
This. I set up my FM9 in a way where the top 3 switches are Effects (hold is presets) Scenes (hold is looper) and Tap Tempo (hold is tuner).

I programmed it so those 3 buttons remain consistent across every single layout, meaning only the bottom 6 buttons change. If I need more options, I set the bottom right button's hold to access an additional layout.

I'm not too sure if this will be a popular method, but it seems similar to what you're talking about.

I want to have my FM9 setup mostly like my FM3/FC6 combo. Three left switches are Preset, Scenes, EFX and then whatever I push will change the 6 buttons to the right of the unit. How do I accomplish that? Right now I am in the OMFG9 layout and I customized the buttons how I want it, but if I hit presets, or scenes, or EFX it changes the whole layout
IIRC, the issue resides in FC Edit in FM9 Edit. In FM3 Edit, one could designate the preferred layout and set it so that it remained consistent. (Help me with this, guys, do you recall what screen in FC Edit enabled this? It actually might have been in SetUp; you'd need to check it as currently being without an FM9 prevents me from providing accurate knowledge).

What I did with my FM3/FC12 was set the FC12 to display Layout 7 (PERFORM) each time the FM3 booted up. If one doesn't save your preferred choice of layout, both the FM3 and FM9 will default to its factory setting layout.

You'd need to do the same with each layout so the 3 choice switches remain consistent in each layout. The reason the layout changes with preset, scenes and EFX is that there are separate layouts that are toggled to when each respective switch is pushed. Each layout is customizable, but it's a good idea if you can set up a HOME switch in each layout that takes you back to your preferred layout. (Mine in FM3 was Layout 7, PERFORM, renamed HOME instead of PERFORM.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom