Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, @FractalAudio.
Last night I ran into the thread about smoothing in which you posted your SRV preset. I decided I'd like to try my new Tele with it. I started playing about an hour before my bed-time for work @ 02:30 (I have to leave in a few minutes). I ended up missing it my about three hours and now I am dead tired!

This is a problem I haven't had in probably twenty years. My guitars haven't kept me up on a work night in forever. What's different? I now have FAS' Axe-FXIII MKII in my life. I could not put the guitar down until I had used up every bit of strength I had in my left hand. My fingertips are still singing. And I'm new to this. I haven't even built a full preset yet. I could play this one for a month, it loves my Tele so much. It sounds so astoundingly beautiful. To think I've dreamed of tones like these for thirty years and now I have an infinite number of them at my desk. It is still sinking in.

I kinda avoided reading about FW17.00 Beta because I suspected it would contain FR IRs for me to try. I was right. I fear for my sleep schedule!

Ok, I'll go to work now, and play with this when I get home. I should probably start drinking coffee again.

Not a bad start to my 50th birthday.

You guys have seriously changed my life for the better. I can't thank you all enough. Same goes to the great community here.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Racked up 1.jpg
    Racked up 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
Last night I ran into the thread about smoothing in which you posted your SRV preset. I decided I'd like to try my new Tele with it. I started playing about an hour before my bed-time for work @ 02:30 (I have to leave in a few minutes). I ended up missing it my about three hours and now I am dead tired!

This is a problem I haven't had in probably twenty years. My guitars haven't kept me up on a work night in forever. What's different? I now have FAS' Axe-FXIII MKII in my life. I could not put the guitar down until I had used up every bit of strength I had in my left hand. My fingertips are still singing. And I'm new to this. I haven't even built a full preset yet. I could play this one for a month, it loves my Tele so much. It sounds so astoundingly beautiful. To think I've dreamed of tones like these for thirty years and now I have an infinite number of them at my desk. It is still sinking in.

I kinda avoided this thread because I suspected it would contain FR IRs for me to try. I was right. I fear for my sleep schedule!

Ok, I'll go to work now, and play with this when I get home. I should probably start drinking coffee again.

You guys have seriously changed my life for the better. I can't thank you all enough. Same goes to the great community here.

Thank you.
Happy B-Day !

Minor bug:

It looks like all IRs are showing up in green, regardless of their resolution, both in the IR Player and the Cab blocks.

Edit: This is a problem only Axe-Edit, so it will probably be fixed by the time the new version comes out. Sorry about that!

Minor bug:

It looks like all IRs are showing up in green, regardless of their resolution, both in the IR Player and the Cab blocks.

Edit: This is a problem only Axe-Edit, so it will probably be fixed by the time the new version comes out. Sorry about that!
Not happening here. Is this with Axe-Edit? Axe-Edit still needs to be updated.

I kinda avoided reading about FW17.00 Beta because I suspected it would contain FR IRs for me to try. I was right. I fear for my sleep schedule!

Thank you.
Happy birthday!
To both of us!

It's mine too.
I'm 69.
Which weirds me out more than a little.
How the hell did that happen?

Gonna go play guitar a bit on my lunch break to celebrate!

Another idea for the Mark I:

Maybe give the option (one-time irrevocable choice) to turn the Scratchpads into two FullRes slots. If the type of memory allows it. Because many users don't use the 16 Scratchpad slots at all. And two FullRes slots suffice to give a taste of stereo FullRes.

I'm having an old guy moment, I guess. After choosing Utility from the menu in Fractal Bot, there is no Midi port shown in the lower drop-down. I have Fractal Bot 3.0.9. I'd really appreciate a nudge in the correct direction, in order to hear these lovely FullRes IRs! Cheers, Lee

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.42.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.42.50 AM.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 28
I'm having an old guy moment, I guess. After choosing Utility from the menu in Fractal Bot, there is no Midi port shown in the lower drop-down. I have Fractal Bot 3.0.9. I'd really appreciate a nudge in the correct direction, in order to hear these lovely FullRes IRs! Cheers, Lee
Try the Axe-Fx III entry.

Another idea for the Mark I:

Maybe give the option (one-time irrevocable choice) to turn the Scratchpads into two FullRes slots. If the type of memory allows it. Because many users don't use the 16 Scratchpad slots at all. And two FullRes slots suffice to give a taste of stereo FullRes.
Or a one time irrevocable choice to have user bank 2 support the FullRes IR's. That would appease the users who don't want to give up that bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom