Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p00_beta8.zip

For those with a Mark II here are two FullRes IRs that you can import (thanks to ValhallIR for these):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFL.syx
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFR.syx

To import the IRs do the following:
1. Open FractalBot.
2. Select Utility as the device.
3. Select Axe-Fx III MIDI Out as the output port.
4. Set MIDI Buffer Delay to 10ms (optional but if you don't it's going to take a LONG time).
5. Choose one of the above files to send (drag-and-drop onto FractalBot after saving to your PC).
6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block and set the third IR slot bank to User 3 (FR).
7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.
8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.
9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number.

If you choose, say, IR numbers 1 and 2 you will now have a stereo pair of IRs in those slots. Pan the left one left and the right one right. Experiment with different levels to increase/decrease the amount of room.

You can go to the Align page in the Cab block and zoom out to the see the response of the room IRs.

A new version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming which will support FullRes IR management. If you're impatient you can use the above steps to import the IRs.

We are expecting FullRes content from providers shortly.

C'mon 5 o'clock! Can't wait to give this a spin! Does this beta include the reinstatement of IR Player #2 and fix for the switches after IR Player #1 being one off, too?

I hope, you have fun with these. The complete cab pack will come out in mid October, including a 1370 ms IR-folder of the whole bunch.
Here's a lil' look inside of the "V2-Viper".

Attachments

• V2-Viper open back.jpg
    V2-Viper open back.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 173
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p00_beta8.zip

For those with a Mark II here are two FullRes IRs that you can import (thanks to ValhallIR for these):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFL.syx
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFR.syx

To import the IRs do the following:
1. Open FractalBot.
2. Select Utility as the device.
3. Select Axe-Fx III MIDI Out as the output port.
4. Set MIDI Buffer Delay to 10ms (optional but if you don't it's going to take a LONG time).
5. Choose one of the above files to send (drag-and-drop onto FractalBot after saving to your PC).
6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block and set the third IR slot bank to User 3 (FR).
7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.
8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.
9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number.

If you choose, say, IR numbers 1 and 2 you will now have a stereo pair of IRs in those slots. Pan the left one left and the right one right. Experiment with different levels to increase/decrease the amount of room.

You can go to the Align page in the Cab block and zoom out to the see the response of the room IRs.

A new version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming which will support FullRes IR management. If you're impatient you can use the above steps to import the IRs.

We are expecting FullRes content from providers shortly.
Downloadlink for the IR's does not work.

Release Notes​

Version 17 introduces FullRes™ Impulse Response processing. FullRes processes IRs up to 64K points with zero latency using a novel technique. This provides up to 1.37 seconds of response time. Seasoned producers and engineers often mix in “Room Mics” during recording to increase the depth and livelinessof recordings. However, the typical live room has a reverb time of 500-700 milliseconds, well beyond the 20-40 ms afforded by typical IR processing. FullRes allows capturing the full response of a typical live room and even the response of small-to-medium halls and clubs. FullRes can also be used for convolution reverb applications for reverb times less than 1.37 seconds.

NOTE: FullRes processing is currently only supported on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. The original Axe-Fx III has less non-volatile memory and therefore does not have the necessary resources to store the IRs.

The IR Player block and the Cabinet block both support FullRes IRs. The last two slots of the Cabinet block support FullRes. This is sufficient to provide two room mics, a left and a right, along with two direct mics within a single Cabinet block.

The new FullRes User IR bank supports up to 64 FullRes IRs. When capturing an IR selecting the USER FR bank will automatically set the IR Type to FullRes. Likewise, when setting the IR Type to FullRes the bank will automatically be set to USER FR. FullRes IRs can be processed with minimum-phase or autotrim, if desired. However, minimum-phase is not recommended as this will tend to destroy the reflection information.

A FullRes Scratchpad is also implemented for auditioning IRs during the capture process. A new version of Cab-Lab is forthcoming which will support FullRes IR captures and management.

IR management has been completely rewritten providing smoother performance and better integration with Axe-Edit.

The IR Player block now supports two IRs with individual level and pan controls for each IR. Setting the IR Length to OFF defeats the IR. A Mix control is also provided so the block can be used as a convolution reverb. A Mode control allows the two IRs to be in parallel or series. When in series the individual level and pan controls are defeated and removed from the UI.

Increased Mic Distance range in Cabinet block to 3.4m (~11 feet). This allows delaying room mic IRs that have been trimmed to remove the leading silence. The alignment graph now features a Zoom control that changes the abscissa between 3ms and 12ms.

Improved Pitch Detection performance.

The UI has been improved to support double-tap of certain keys as follows:

• Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.​
• Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.​
• Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.​
• When on the Home or Layout pages double-tapping the Quick Entry knobs does the following:​
o A: Enters the Amp 1 menu.​
o B: Enters the Drive 1 menu.​
o C: Enters the Cab 1 menu.​
o D: Enters the Delay 1 menu.​
o E: Enters the Reverb 1 menu.​

Fixed names of Dizzy V4 2 and Dizzy V4 3 swapped.

Added FAS Buttery amp model.

Improved scene switching to prevent signal “leaking” into bypassed blocks.

Various fixes and improvements

Im struggling to import the IR file. Have followed instructions, but dont see any filename turn up on Cab block screen - anyone done this successfully?

Fractalbot setup
1632411512369.png

AxeFX Screen after sending file
1632411623054.png

The UI has been improved to support double-tap of certain keys as follows:

• Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.​
• Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.​
• Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.​
• When on the Home or Layout pages double-tapping the Quick Entry knobs does the following:​
o A: Enters the Amp 1 menu.​
o B: Enters the Drive 1 menu.​
o C: Enters the Cab 1 menu.​
o D: Enters the Delay 1 menu.​
o E: Enters the Reverb 1 menu.​
I think these things can really improve usability. This is almost as good as having dedicated keys- quick press of home, then double tap for amp, boost, cab, delay or Everb

Last edited:
Midi buffer increase to 40ms fixed it, many thanks!!
But now my axeFx is hanging when selecting the Fullres files in the preset! Gets very slow to respond when the first IR is selected, then hangs after about 20 seconds. Second time I tried it there was a high pitched whistle coming out of my headphones - luckily I'd turned them down. Using the front panel, no fractalbot connection either. Shall I post a video?

But now my axeFx is hanging when selecting the Fullres files in the preset! Gets very slow to respond when the first IR is selected, then hangs after about 20 seconds. Second time I tried it there was a high pitched whistle coming out of my headphones - luckily I'd turned them down. Using the front panel, no fractalbot connection either. Shall I post a video?
CPU usage is probably too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom