Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

the new vh4’s (2018 and newer) are really bright amps.

it’s not dark and compressed amp at all anymore.

in the past, it used to be like that - people tend to see them (dark and compressed), but now it’s almost opposite.

but is it bright and open like jcm 800 ?
surely no, but with every revision it comes brighter and more open, as Peter is kinda loosing his hearing and needs to hear more of hi freq. content.. kinda same thing with friedman amps..

in the end, dizzy v4 ch2 is very much like real 2018 vh4 ch3.

honestly, for live playing I prefered 2011 vh4, but for recording, 2018 revision for sure.

It cracks me up how these modified Marshall circuits and their amp designers (and customers)
want and crave these "darker" amps to compensate for what are believed to be overly bright Marshalls,
and in the end they end up moving closer and closer to replicating that bright and cutting Marshall
vibe in the end (albeit with more features). Bogner has done it, too.

It cracks me up how these modified Marshall circuits and their amp designers (and customers)
want and crave these "darker" amps to compensate for what are believed to be overly bright Marshalls,
and in the end they end up moving closer and closer to replicating that bright and cutting Marshall
ditto.

first you buy amp, which has label as dark and heavy compressed metal machine and then you are selling it, cause you’ve found that you paid way too much for over-engineered marshall 😅

it’s exactly same situation with friedmans be-50 / be-100 deluxe... it’s so far away sound/feel-wise from 2015 and earlier revisions I don’t really care for them anymore .. 😒

Last edited:
I don't know if his is where to put this Wish, but: It would be cool if we could have a Bypass Switch for the Wah Block independent of the Expression Pedal assigned to it being on HEAL DOWN (OFF) position. Why??? Because this would allow for the same Expression Pedal to handle two separate Blocks assigned function in each, separately per scene. IE: SCENE 1: WAH BLOCK WITH EXPRESSION PEDAL , SCENE 2: PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK WITH SAME EXPRESSION PEDAL. Right now, I set this up and I cannot set the WAH to not come ON when I engage the Expression Pedal while in Scene 2 and just want to use the Expression Pedal for the PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK, but I CAN do it reversed, meaning I can use SCENE 1 WAH BLOCK by itself without the Expression Pedal engaging the PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK, because I can BYPASS the PITCH BLOCK in SCENE 1.

Does this make sense?

I don't know if his is where to put this Wish, but: It would be cool if we could have a Bypass Switch for the Wah Block independent of the Expression Pedal assigned to it being on HEAL DOWN (OFF) position. Why??? Because this would allow for the same Expression Pedal to handle two separate Blocks assigned function in each, separately per scene. IE: SCENE 1: WAH BLOCK WITH EXPRESSION PEDAL , SCENE 2: PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK WITH SAME EXPRESSION PEDAL. Right now, I set this up and I cannot set the WAH to not come ON when I engage the Expression Pedal while in Scene 2 and just want to use the Expression Pedal for the PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK.

Does this make sense?
Then use a switch instead of autoengage...

As for where to post, try the Axe Fx III Wish List sub-forum ;)

I have to admit that my amp and pedal thirst goes away with the axe and the jp. I concentrate more buying guitars . In the past I was addicted to stomp boxes and now … I don’t know how many of them I ve bought … 100? I don’t want to buy one anymore .

Then use a switch instead of autoengage...

As for where to post, try the Axe Fx III Wish List sub-forum ;)
Not sure I understand what you mean by using a Switch instead. I don't want to have to press a switch and then go to the expression pedal and then have to go back to turn off that switch, to much tap dancing. PS I can't seem to find that AXE FX III Wish List Sub Forum.

jp2c / IIC++ are IMO much better amps, so I think you could kinda like them, but not so much..

now it’s 4 (?) years that I own the jp, and everytime I play on it there is nothing to say . Pure clean, no need to add an od to have a tight sound . Let’s say I miss some bass of my previous recto family , but … I never tweak it , or just lightly while changing guitar and it sound good everytime. Even if you don’t care of petrucci this amp fits for everything I play. Pop to extreme .

I know the MKII has more memory, would be nice to be able to upgrade the original MKI so that we could get this update, any potential workarounds to get this or are we SOL? (I know we get the update, just not the fullRes IRs)

the new vh4’s (2018 and newer) are really bright amps.

it’s not dark and compressed amp at all anymore.

in the past, it used to be like that - people tend to see them (dark and compressed), but now it’s almost opposite.

but is it bright and open like jcm 800 ?
surely no, but with every revision it comes brighter and more open, as Peter is kinda loosing his hearing and needs to hear more of hi freq. content.. kinda same thing with friedman amps..

in the end, dizzy v4 ch2 is very much like real 2018 vh4 ch3.

honestly, for live playing I prefered 2011 vh4, but for recording, 2018 revision for sure.. they all have their place in arsenal of hi gain glory 🤟
Thank you,

maybe I should buy an older one again... :fearscream:

Playing was always a great pleasure and
for recording the Axe Fx is much better anyway. :)

Looking for routing help: I'm messing around today trying to capture a full res IR of a room reverb plugin in my DAW and having trouble with routing. I see Send is Out 2L or 4L and Mic In is In 2L. I've tried running a few different methods but not been successful. How could I best route the audio to send from Out 2L through my DAW plugin and then route to In 2L? Thanks!

Aha, I understand the cache but didn’t know there are multiple types of memory outside that.

I went through a whole lot of those boutique models, but I’m back on plexis again too 😀

Back
Top Bottom