Trey A - 4.2 (updated Sept 12th!)

Wet/Dry would be splitting your signal, having the "dry", generally gain only, going to one amp and "wet" (modulation / reverb / delay) going to a separate amp.
Oh, I know what wet-dry is. The Fractal way of doing things makes this mostly unnecessary though.

You're able to put your wet effects post-cabinet and all of that can be sent to FRFR reproduction systems so you have full fidelity there. The reasons for doing wet-dry or wet-dry-wet in traditional rigs (clarity in the time based effect output, purity of the input path to the amplifier, applying time-based effects to the sound coming out of the power amp, balancing the dry and wet sounds) aren't present or necessary in a Fractal rig.

Are you in the FB group Phish Guitar Heads? I'd highly recommend it
No. I don't Facebook. At all. Send those guys here though and I'll chat all day about this stuff! :D

Oh yeeaaaa. This is the ticket! These settings do a lot to smooth out the mid-highs. Way less rasp on tone.

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 1.03.47 PM.png

I also set the slope on the high cut filter to 6 dB/Oct to let more high end through.

Will have to see how this punches through with a band on Tuesday night.

This is my favorite preset in the last days, not only because it sounds so good, but also because I'm making new friends in the amp section. I had tried the Trainwreck models before, but didn't like them very much. Now I got a completely different view, though I have to admit, that I changed the model to the FAS Express. And also the Comet 60 sounds wonderful in the clean/breakup range. My McCarty 594 P90 loves these 2 amps and can't get enough of it.

I posted a 4.2 update. See the first post for detailed notes.

I wanted to mention the Control Switch setup because it's pretty cool. It flips between two Master Feedback settings on Delay 2. It lets you do a chase-the-notes thing, hit the CS switch, and have the delay block go into self-oscillation mode. Sounds rad with dub-type stuff.

I have a switch on my FC12 setup to do this. It's on the hold setting on my Delay 2 bypass switch like this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 6.28.23 PM.png

Does anyone have a good FM3 version of this preset? It would be greatly appreciated!
Here's a version of the preset that will work in an FM3 and just gives you the base amp tones, drive blocks and delay blocks. The pitch special effects, rotary, flanger and phaser aren't present. You can compare the III version with the pared down version using FracTool and bring in the special effects you find useful for your performances.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 12.55.05 PM.png

Attachments

• [iaresee] Trey A [FM3].syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 31
Ya Ian! I finally got to try this preset with my III...sounds great with my PRS. I was trying to figure out that chase delay effect he was using and i knew it was dotted 8th but still couldn't get it happening ..anyway thanks sounds great.

Ya Ian! I finally got to try this preset with my III...sounds great with my PRS. I was trying to figure out that chase delay effect he was using and i knew it was dotted 8th but still couldn't get it happening ..anyway thanks sounds great.
The chase delay took me a bit to figure out because I thought it was a feedback signal that was changing the note pitch. Nope! He's just playing that same pentatonic riff all the time when he engages it. :D

Back
Top Bottom