Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

If someone buys a new Axe FXIII Mark II after the official version of Firmware 17 is released, will the Axe FXIII Mark II come loaded with 64 FullRes IRs, or will the buyer have to find them elsewhere?

This update appears to have broken the footswitch assignments on my FC12. Some of the footswitchs seems to have incremented by 1. For example, if I set a footswitch to Reverb 2 in axe edit on the Per-Preset FC page, the FC Controller page thinks its on RingMod 1. Reverb 1 thinks its Reverb 2. Delay 2 thinks its Delay 3 etc. Delay 1 and anything before works as intended. Is this because of the addition of the new IR Block?
View attachment 88731View attachment 88730
Idem... I have active blocks in my rig and with fw 16.05 they were active on fc 12 ... with fw 17.00 it tells me that they are not present but in the rig there are ...

Question: Is this Issue with the Functionality of the FC-12 with Firmware 17b5 something that will be corrected when the Final Release comes out, or does this mean we must change our settings on the Axe Edit Layouts Pages for each Effect so that this so-called displacement of the Effects is reflected and therefore display and function correctly in the FC-12 as is on Axe Edit?
Since this is a beta AND nobody from Fractal has confirmed the issue, I would not change anything yet.

My interpretation is that the cause is most likely the 2nd IRP block being removed and that this (the effect "index") will be fixed in another release of the beta or the final release.

Just my opinion, though.

Since this is a beta AND nobody from Fractal has confirmed the issue, I would not change anything yet.

My interpretation is that the cause is most likely the 2nd IRP block being removed and that this (the effect "index") will be fixed in another release of the beta or the final release.

Just my opinion, though.
Thanx, agree I will stay put for now, wait for Final Release.

If someone buys a new Axe FXIII Mark II after the official version of Firmware 17 is released, will the Axe FXIII Mark II come loaded with 64 FullRes IRs, or will the buyer have to find them elsewhere?
Probably the latter, but it'd be nice if they could include one stereo pair, perhaps a nice room reverb IR, that could be used on any cab, to whet people's appetites for these. A couple extra files in the bundle for the firmware update, and make them downloadable from the Fractal site, too.

That said, there are tons of free room IRs on teh interwebzes one could download and try....

The effect number issue is popping up here, too, with FW17.00b on the FC6. I can even see the difference in the effect number just switching between the Per-Preset FC page's definition of the switch and the FC Controller page's display of the FC:

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.39%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.44%20AM.png
This should be resolved when the updated version of Axe Edit is posted in the forum.
The current version of Axe Edit it not compatible with FW 17 beta.

Aucun dommage apparent, mais trouvé ceci:
View attachment 88740
View attachment 88741

Le manche de l'outil doit être entré par le trou de la boîte et retirer l'outil auquel il était auparavant attaché...

No apparent damage, but found this:
View attachment 88740
View attachment 88741

The tool handle must've come in through the hole in the box and pulled off whatever tool it was previously attached to....
ho shit! this seems to have only happened to the Mk2, a delivery man frustrated to have the Mk1? OK
bad taste joke .. I'm happy for you, no material damage! Great!

So apparently the idea is being floated to use bank 2 of the mk1 for these new IRs?

I’m all for it IF bank 2 can be assignable as to which you want to load. I’m not sold these new IRs will yield a tons of tonal improvement. If they do, great.

This should be resolved when the updated version of Axe Edit is posted in the forum.
The current version of Axe Edit it not compatible with FW 17 beta.
It is also showing Rotary2 on the effect on/off switch on the FC6. Deffo a FW17 issue, though AxeEdit is also affected....

I would also be willing to sacrifice all the factory slots for new IR tech as well. I am a little torn on the second user bank. But what has to be will be done to make room.

After reading through the AITR and the 17.00 thread I must say that I feel pretty awkward and deeply ashamed! I am a member of this forum since Axe FX I and I got to know this community as a bunch of mighty fine people, always helpful, knowledgeable, constructive, positive, at times funny,...
But when did this strange mob start to raise its ugly head? Always bitching, always complaining, always trying to stir the next shit storm???

@FractalAudio:
Dear Cliff,
don't know if I can speak for the silent majority here, but I for myself am extremely grateful for all all your exceptional work and I really hope to be able to enjoy more of your epiphanies to come!
Thanks,
J.

I second this!! Mostly I am just an ass kisser, though. :)

These are honestly the most excited I have been about a Fractal update in a long time and can't wait to try them on the FM3. These are small things but ones that I believe will make a big difference in operating it from the front panel.

Thank you Fractal for finally addressing some of the hw UI concerns. I hope you keep that momentum going in future updates as well!

Great job, laxu! Your persistence paid off. :)

Back
Top Bottom