Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

The effect number issue is popping up here, too, with FW17.00b on the FC6. I can even see the difference in the effect number just switching between the Per-Preset FC page's definition of the switch and the FC Controller page's display of the FC:

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.39%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.44%20AM.png
I’m guessing this is due to the IR Player being reduced from 2 instances to 1.

After reading through the AITR and the 17.00 thread I must say that I feel pretty awkward and deeply ashamed! I am a member of this forum since Axe FX I and I got to know this community as a bunch of mighty fine people, always helpful, knowledgeable, constructive, positive, at times funny,...
But when did this strange mob start to raise its ugly head? Always bitching, always complaining, always trying to stir the next shit storm???

@FractalAudio:
Dear Cliff,
don't know if I can speak for the silent majority here, but I for myself am extremely grateful for all all your exceptional work and I really hope to be able to enjoy more of your epiphanies to come!
Thanks,
J.

The UI has been improved to support double-tap of certain keys as follows:
• Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.
• Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.
• Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.
• When on the Home page double-tapping the Quick Entry knobs does the following:
o A: Enters the Amp 1 menu.
o B: Enters the Drive 1 menu.
o C: Enters the Cab 1 menu.
o D: Enters the Delay 1 menu.
o E: Enters the Reverb 1 menu.
These are honestly the most excited I have been about a Fractal update in a long time and can't wait to try them on the FM3. These are small things but ones that I believe will make a big difference in operating it from the front panel.

Thank you Fractal for finally addressing some of the hw UI concerns. I hope you keep that momentum going in future updates as well!

These are honestly the most excited I have been about a Fractal update in a long time and can't wait to try them on the FM3. These are small things but ones that I believe will make a big difference in operating it from the front panel.

Thank you Fractal for finally addressing some of the hw UI concerns. I hope you keep that momentum going in future updates as well!
Those were your ideas. I was poking around the FM3 Wish List and found that request. I didn't write the original front panel code so it took me a while to grep what was being done and modify it to support double-tapping keys. It shouldn't be too much effort to port to the FM3 and FM9.

In this preset based on the factory Dee Cee 30 preset, I'm having an issue on the new beta. My PerPreset #1 & 2 are set to bypass Rotary 1 and PanTrem 1, respectively. On my FC, it is saying that those blocks aren't present in the preset but they clearly are.

This was working under 16.05 prior. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Dee Cee 30.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Those were your ideas. I was poking around the FM3 Wish List and found that request. I didn't write the original front panel code so it took me a while to grep what was being done and modify it to support double-tapping keys. It shouldn't be too much effort to port to the FM3 and FM9.
Certainly did not expect them to be picked up let alone so quick! I think there's a lot of other stuff in the master wish list that would be fairly easy to do (in terms of programming effort) to improve how the Fractal UI can work. But obviously you know where you want to focus your efforts.

In any case thanks for implementing them and looking forward to taking them for a spin!

Back
Top Bottom