Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

OK, so I just received the MK II today, plugged everything in and now my FC-6 no workie...at all.. As in no lights. Yes, I did a full backup before I switched from the MK I to the MK II and all the setting/presets/cabs are there.

I suppose I could try another MIDI cable but it was working fine just 5 minutes prior. Anyone else see this issue?

OK, so I just received the MK II today, plugged everything in and now my FC-6 no workie...at all.. As in no lights. Yes, I did a full backup before I switched from the MK I to the MK II and all the setting/presets/cabs are there.

I suppose I could try another MIDI cable but it was working fine just 5 minutes prior. Anyone else see this issue?
The FC-6 doesn't use a MIDI cable, it's an XLR to XLR microphone cable.

Chris if the signal chain is stereo with two mono sources, in series, the two available channels are L R, where you can place/pan each mono source. If the block stayed stereo in series, you could pan each source to each side/channel, and they would never touch/mix, it's still series but each source on their own side of the tracks.

if the block was true stereo, and remained true stereo in series configuration, hard panning them to either side they would never touch, a slight pan of each would open up space on the sides where they wouldn't touch, but touch/mix in the middle. given the point of consolidating into one stereo block was for convolution purposes I would have thought stereo operation would remain a priority
I still have no idea what “stereo in series” means if you’re panning them full left and full right. How is that in series?

Any lights when you power on?

Did you load factory layouts already? That must be done...

Whew, we're having a rockin' Friday evening! Man, 3 ellipses is my limit.
Maybe switch to ellipsis light like @Repartee41?

;)

Got 17.00b loaded a bit back, and it appears FC6es also have the switch issue noted on the FC12s earlier. I don't use effect on/off switches much, so it really only messed with one button on the preset I had loaded. Possible a few presets here and there have more than one button affected....

Will these FullRes IRs be available for download so that we can at least use them in an updated cablab version?
From your question, should I understand it is possible to use cablab as an external IR emulator, so that for example I can use it for recording with any FAS device (with some latency I guess in this case) ?

From your question, should I understand it is possible to use cablab as an external IR emulator, so that for example I can use it for recording with any FAS device (with some latency I guess in this case) ?
Maybe if you have the DAW plugin... The standalone has to send the IR somewhere.

Way I look at my MkII upgrade and FC-6 in(and future FM3 purchase) is that someone will get a fair upgrade price on my old Axe 3 and a Helix window shopper will get a decent price on what is currently my backup floor unit to the Axe 3....

Way I look at my MkII upgrade and FC-6 in(and future FM3 purchase) is that someone will get a fair upgrade price on my old Axe 3 and a Helix window shopper will get a decent price on what is currently my backup floor unit to the Axe 3....
Exactly. I think players who have used high-end tube amps understand that the days of tube amps being viable tools for live use are starting to pass. Good quality tubes are getting harder to find and the risk of dragging tube amps around and potentially damaging them is really discouraging and painful, and FAS modelers are getting amazingly good at recreating their sound and, even better, let us tweak them without a soldering iron and the risk of killing ourselves or blowing them up. As we move from tubes, our hand-me-down modelers will still have people who want them. You know, those disillusioned die-hards who currently swear their Hot-Rod Deluxe is God’s gift to musicians.

Maybe if you have the DAW plugin... The standalone has to send the IR somewhere.
Interesting if that can be confirmed by FAS, this will probably never make it to FM3 and would like to test it until I can put my hands and finance a III

The effect number issue is popping up here, too, with FW17.00b on the FC6. I can even see the difference in the effect number just switching between the Per-Preset FC page's definition of the switch and the FC Controller page's display of the FC:

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.39%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-18%20at%2012.41.44%20AM.png

Back
Top Bottom