Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

Perty sure they hired the Samsonite Gorilla to work at their St. Louis hub after his TV commercial gig was up....

Loading up my presets and cabs on the Mk II. Preparing to follow that with 17.00b firmware.... :)
My FX3 sits to my left, just inside my peripheral vision. What's interesting is that as I type I see the logo cycling through its colors, periodically distracting me because my brain thinks some sort of alert or dialog popped up.

Welcome to my world. :)

Don’t forget to make your backup. 😏
Did that last night. ;)
My FX3 sits to my left, just inside my peripheral vision. What's interesting is that as I type I see the logo cycling through its colors, periodically distracting me because my brain thinks some sort of alert or dialog popped up.

Welcome to my world. :)
Mine too, but just out of peripheral vision. I set mine to a steady green to match the accent lighting and my one FC6 wrap (and soon, my FM9 wrap from CEBA - sending him my FM9 tomorrow to measure for wrap and screen protectors). Sadly, what is in my peripheral vision is the window with the horizontal blinds. The sun comes in through the holes where the strings are and always finds a way to nail me right in the eyes, no matter what time of year it is.

New S-shaped vertical blinds coming this weekend - 57.5" x 37". Bet on it....

They're in SERIES, it makes no sense to have individual pan and level controls for two linear, mono systems in series. A single level and pan control at the output is all that is needed.

was just thinking if it stayed stereo in series you could play with the center channel mix of the two spaces running into each other in the middle, while the outside regions are each space individually, depending on how you set the panning. gonna go try this out in reaktor now to see if it even works. These UI improvements are long welcome to get around quicker. can I recommend if there's 5 quick jumps, to be able to set them yourself? I would set mine like this and probably exceeded the use life of the data knob clicks in about a week

Amp 1 ideal
Amp 1 speaker page
Amp 1 power supply
Amp 1 power tubes
Amp 1 advanced

wouldn’t that mean 4 IR files?

no just two, but still on two channels. depending on how you panned them you could have a center channel that's got them mixing in series but the sides aren't mixing. might not work if the block isn't true stereo though, if it was true stereo hard panning them away from each other completely they wouldn't touch, wouldn't mix, slight pan they would mix series in the middle but not on the sides. sounds like stereo IR player becomes mono IR player in series mode. can't wait to hear what 2.6 seconds of zero latency convolution sounds like after a full length ultrares!

no just two, but still on two channels. depending on how you panned them you could have a center channel that's got them mixing in series but the sides aren't mixing. might not work if the block isn't true stereo though, if it was true stereo hard panning them away from each other completely they wouldn't touch, wouldn't mix, slight pan they would mix series in the middle but not on the sides. sounds like stereo IR player becomes mono IR player in series mode. can't wait to hear what 2.6 seconds of zero latency convolution sounds like after a full length ultrares!
Series means 2.
Stereo means 2.
That’s 4.

Series means 2.
Stereo means 2.
That’s 4.

Panning the first IR in series is useless as it would immediately be collapsed back to mono to be processed by the second IR in series.

Chris if the signal chain is stereo with two mono sources, in series, the two available channels are L R, where you can place/pan each mono source. If the block stayed stereo in series, you could pan each source to each side/channel, and they would never touch/mix, it's still series but each source on their own side of the tracks.

if the block was true stereo, and remained true stereo in series configuration, hard panning them to either side they would never touch, a slight pan of each would open up space on the sides where they wouldn't touch, but touch/mix in the middle. given the point of consolidating into one stereo block was for convolution purposes I would have thought stereo operation would remain a priority

Back
Top Bottom