Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

This update appears to have broken the footswitch assignments on my FC12. Some of the footswitchs seems to have incremented by 1. For example, if I set a footswitch to Reverb 2 in axe edit on the Per-Preset FC page, the FC Controller page thinks its on RingMod 1. Reverb 1 thinks its Reverb 2. Delay 2 thinks its Delay 3 etc. Delay 1 and anything before works as intended. Is this because of the addition of the new IR Block?
View attachment 88731View attachment 88730
You may have found the root of the problem. The list of effects is likely indexed with a number, and the difference between a 0-based vs. 1-based index could be responsible for shifting things. Pretty common isssue in coding, but usually an easy fix....

This update appears to have broken the footswitch assignments on my FC12. Some of the footswitchs seems to have incremented by 1. For example, if I set a footswitch to Reverb 2 in axe edit on the Per-Preset FC page, the FC Controller page thinks its on RingMod 1. Reverb 1 thinks its Reverb 2. Delay 2 thinks its Delay 3 etc. Delay 1 and anything before works as intended. Is this because of the addition of the new IR Block?
View attachment 88731View attachment 88730
Axe-Edit has not been updated yet. I think this is just an Axe-Edit issue. Do things work properly from the front panel?

I would not object to an attractive price, but as a manufacturer you could still score with environmental awareness and return older hardware in production.
I'm not sure how many FAS products, or FX3, are clogging landfills, but I suspect it's very few. If one breaks electrically, Fractal offers repairs as do other technicians, and if someone wants to upgrade or get rid of one, there are multiple ways to sell them to someone who will love it and hold it and keep it forever. The units hold their value very well unless it's physically ruined. And, being electronics, there are places where they can be sent to be disassembled and recycled.

I'm not seeing this is a real issue, unlike with so many other consumer products in our throw-away society.

I'm also seeing weirdness with the new IR Player block as far as how it displays in Axe-Edit, but I think all this will be addressed with the new Axe-Edit version. The new IR Player looks really cool through the front panel. Loading a second IR Player block in Axe-Edit made it display even weirder, since it no longer exists haha.

If you wanted to switch between two amps, each going into it's own IR in the new IR Player, since there is only one instance available, I'm guessing the way to do it is to send each amp out hard panned L & R respectively, stereo input on the IR Player, Parallel Mode, then send the signal to a mixer block to make mono?

The UI has been improved to support double-tap of certain keys as follows:
• Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.
• Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.
• Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.
• When on the Home page double-tapping the Quick Entry knobs does the following:
o A: Enters the Amp 1 menu.
o B: Enters the Drive 1 menu.
o C: Enters the Cab 1 menu.
o D: Enters the Delay 1 menu.
o E: Enters the Reverb 1 menu.

This is awesome. SUPER useful change.

Back
Top Bottom