2 Pitch Blocks

Shock410

Inspired
Is there any possibility that another pitch block may be added with an update?
The reason being....I use my AxeFX 3 to detune 1/2 step and run harmonies via 2 pitch blocks.
I hope this could be possible eventually....
Any chance?

I would have loved to have seen two Pitch blocks in the FM9 too!!

There is a workaround using the 'Send' and 'Return' blocks to route a mono signal through a stereo Pitch block twice, with different shift amounts, etc...

It has it's limits depending on what you need for the 'Harmonies'.

Cliff posted on TGP that the head engineer on FM9 has spent this last week porting and working on the pitch stuff the pitch detection just got a tweak and improvements so who knows fingers crossed it is coming soon
I have given up hope it will make it to the FM3. But I am on the wait list to get the FM9. I really want to ditch the Drop pedal.

I have given up hope it will make it to the FM3. But I am on the wait list to get the FM9. I really want to ditch the Drop pedal.
I switched from AxeFX II to III and was able to ditch the Drop immediately. I can only presume that you’ll find the same with the FM9.

As I mentioned above ,and keep in mind i know nothing about how much CPU it takes but a seperate block just for light drop fx or combo
whammy/ drop block would be really cool

Any chance that a second pitch block will be implemented in the FM9 in the future? Thinking about getting a FM9 but this a bit of a deal breaker for me since I use this a lot.

Is there a special reason why Fractal choose for only one pitch block?

Any chance that a second pitch block will be implemented in the FM9 in the future? Thinking about getting a FM9 but this a bit of a deal breaker for me since I use this a lot.

Is there a special reason why Fractal choose for only one pitch block?
DSP limitations. If you want Axe 3 power ya gotta pony up the cheddar for it.

Does the FM9 have less DSP power than the Axe fx II? Cause that has two pitch blocks.
The axe FX II also has a completely different era of algorithms. But I suspect that the FM9 is a little more powerful than the Axe FX II as far as the hardware goes.

The axe FX II also has a completely different era of algorithms. But I suspect that the FM9 is a little more powerful than the Axe FX II as far as the hardware goes.

Then two pitch blocks should be possible! :)

Last edited:
Then two pitch blocks should be possible! :)
There is a chart on the Fractal audio homepage that compares processing power between the different units. The chart helps clarify why the different models have different feature sets.

You can access the comparison chart easily on the Fractal Audio home page. Just click the orange "Compare" button.

There is a chart on the Fractal audio homepage that compares processing power between the different units. The chart helps clarify why the different models have different feature sets.

You can access the comparison chart easily on the Fractal Audio home page. Just click the orange "Compare" button.

Thanks. Just checked it. It just says four core DSP for the FM9. But that says not much to me. Don't know what it means exactly. How does that compare to the Axe fx II and the possibilty of having two pitch blocks?

Thanks. Just checked it. It just says four core DSP for the FM9. But that says not much to me. Don't know what it means exactly. How does that compare to the Axe fx II and the possibilty of having two pitch blocks?
The Axe FX II runs a completely different algorithm and that's the main reason it can run 2 pitch blocks. In the Axe FX III, and FM units they run on Cygnus Which I'm gathering is a much more complex algorithm. The Axe FX III has 50% more processing power then the FM9 that right there should tell why 2 pitch blocks can't be run in the FM. WiKi link on processing!

Cliff posted on TGP that the head engineer on FM9 has spent this last week porting and working on the pitch stuff the pitch detection just got a tweak and improvements so who knows fingers crossed it is coming soon
Sounds promising. Link please (gonna try to dig it up in the meantime though)?

The Axe FX II runs a completely different algorithm and that's the main reason it can run 2 pitch blocks. In the Axe FX III, and FM units they run on Cygnus Which I'm gathering is a much more complex algorithm. The Axe FX III has 50% more processing power then the FM9 that right there should tell why 2 pitch blocks can't be run in the FM. WiKi link on processing!

I have no idea about CPU and DSP power. I only know the FM9 has probably the same or more power than the Axe fx II. How this relates exactly to specific blocks and algos I don't know. Maybe the pitch block takes much more power than other blocks? There are two reverb blocks in the FM9 and reverbs usually take also much power. That's why I thought two pitch block should be possible also. But again I am just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom