Stuck On Scene?

TrickRichards

Inspired
I've been experiencing a strange intermittent issue I can't figure out. This past week I've had tone not change between scenes even though the Axe front panel and Axe-Edit displayed a scene change. For example, Scene 1 is a high gain preset with delay, Scene 2 is clean without delay. I change from Scene 1 to Scene 2 but the tone stays the same as Scene 1 while displaying it actually changed. This is not preset specific as it's happened during a few songs. At first, I thought this was a MIDI issue with my Mastermind but after double checking my programming, I realised everything was correct. It's baffling and frustrating as this happened twice in live shows last week. Anyone else ever experienced this? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Did scene 1 get accidentally copied over to scene 2, or are seeing the blocks change without the sound changing?
No nothing got copied on accident and the blocks are showing correct states but not sounding correct. For instance the delay block was bypassed but I can still hear the delay.

Does it still happen if you disconnect the Mastermind and change scenes from the front panel or Axe Edit?

Also what's the CPU load when it happens? If your presets are pushing the CPU limit, weird things can happen.
I haven’t been able to recreate the problem with or without the Mastermind which is unnerving. I don’t recall the actual CPU number but many of my presets are 70 something percent. So far this issue has occurred with 3 different presets but the really frustrating part is it doesn’t happen every time. Hoping it’s something really obvious I’m overlooking and not a hardware issue.

I've been experiencing a strange intermittent issue I can't figure out. This past week I've had tone not change between scenes even though the Axe front panel and Axe-Edit displayed a scene change. For example, Scene 1 is a high gain preset with delay, Scene 2 is clean without delay. I change from Scene 1 to Scene 2 but the tone stays the same as Scene 1 while displaying it actually changed. This is not preset specific as it's happened during a few songs. At first, I thought this was a MIDI issue with my Mastermind but after double checking my programming, I realised everything was correct. It's baffling and frustrating as this happened twice in live shows last week. Anyone else ever experienced this? I'd greatly appreciate any help!
Attach the preset to the original message so we can see all settings and work from the same place. Without that everyone trying to help has to play 20 questions.

Also which firmware version are you using? Any special IRs?

Back
Top Bottom