OFM9G Layout

Yes that’s been possible since the FC was launched and is what the FM3 and FM9 switches are based on.
Sweet idk why I never tried this with my fm3/fc6 combo. There are some songs in my
Band where if I could just switch to a preset with one scene I’d be set. But actually with fm9 dual amps prob won’t need it just realized

Will it be possible on the FM9 to
Fully customize a layout? For example:
Three preset switches, three scenes switches and maybe 3 effects/amp controls with a few hold functions assigned throughout for various things!
To echo @chris' comment, yes fully customizable. The OFM9G layout displays 4 scenes with bank up/bank down for switching between scene banks, and 3 separate switches, IIRC, that will pull up a preset layout, an effects layout, and a "more" function.

That's just the tap function. I've not yet seen described what happens with hold functions, but guess they can pull up the tuner, tap tempo, or looper.

It may be that the more function directs you to separate layouts as well, but as was with the FM3 and foot controllers, each was customizable to whatever layout you chose (save for modding the MstrLayout, that wasn't possible).

Last edited:
OK. I give up. I have scrolled on FM9 to RESET, Load OFMG9, yes, enter and nothing changes?

Last edited:
OK. I give up. I have scrolled on FM9 to RESET, Load OFMG9, yes, enter and nothing changes?
OK So I guess I was expecting the LAyout NAMES to change, which they don't, either that or I am totally losing it.
I was expecting something similar to the FM3ONLY layout idea by PATZAG.
I will try to make my own I guess.

What are you trying to do?
Not really sure. I am fooling with it now. I don't have the FM3 plugged in but something like when you pressed the middle switch on the fm3 (with FM3ONLY) it took me to utilities with tuner and tap tempo. I am a pretty simple player.
Don't really use tons of things but I was a second away from buying an FC-6 when this was announced.
I never really went too deep with the setip on the FM3.
Guess I just need to dig in. Thank you for the reply btw!

OK I see now that this kind of does that, I just need to change a switch or 2 I think. What I mean is the way , say hitting scenes puts presests in the right-most top switch, and that pressing that takes you back to the beginning. Jeeezz, am I dumb!

I LIKE IT!

OK I see now that this kind of does that, I just need to change a switch or 2 I think. What I mean is the way , say hitting scenes puts presests in the right-most top switch, and that pressing that takes you back to the beginning. Jeeezz, am I dumb!

I LIKE IT!

Check the OFMG9 in the manual I think its on page 104 , its a special layout , but essentially what you are doing is locking the top 3 switches
to stay. Scenes, Effects, Presets you can change them if you want but they will remain constant in the OMG, think of them as the menu
edit : in presets mode , the presets button on the top row will change from displaying presets to Bank Up

If you press scenes , notice that the bottom row now populates the first 4 scenes. a MORE button ( which loads the next 4 scenes) and your utilities the tap function on the last switch , and if you hold that last switch the tuner will appear

by the same idea is you press the effects middle button on top row , you will notice the bottom 6 switch are now showing 5 effects types , with a more button same as scenes , that will load your next 5 fx

OK So I guess I was expecting the LAyout NAMES to change, which they don't, either that or I am totally losing it.
I was expecting something similar to the FM3ONLY layout idea by PATZAG.
I will try to make my own I guess.
Did you reboot the FM9? It has to reload.

If OFM9G is loaded, does it replace the other 9 layouts? And if so, is it the only layout, or are there other blank layouts?

Back
Top Bottom