Bricasti m7 reverb vs the axefx3?

Does anyone know how the axefx3 reverb (which I think is amazing) holds up to a bricasti m7?
You can almost get 2 axefx3 mk2 for the same price as one bricasti. 😮
Are there some big differences regarding algorithms and the other tech stuff between the axe3 and the bricasti that makes the bricasti market leading and makes a price tag like that
relevant? 😳

I never had the privilege to try one, BUT……for the same money you can get an Eventide H9000 and REALLY have some fun! I have one here for almost 2 years and there’s really 3 lifetimes worth of effects in here. You couldn’t possibly get to everything.

Totally depends on the application . The Bricasti is IMO a lot better in the studio but in your guitar rig I'm not sure you will hear it unless you have an incredible amp and nothing else.

Bricasti Is one of the most used modern reverb units in many studios. I used to own one and its stellar...
Right now I have an Eventide H9000. I always love Eventide reverb on guitar...fractal is right there also great reverb

The Bricasti is a world class Reverb used by many of the highest end studios around the world. It's almost unfair to compare them. Sure the verbs are pretty good on the Axe but it's not going to get you the same results as a world class, purpose built reverb.

I love the Bricasti reverb. But I speak second-hand on this. I've heard it many times as part of productions, but I've never owned one. The IRs of the Bricasti used to hang on the net and I've used some of these. But it's also second hand. Not the same as having the unit.

But I will say this: I LOVE the Fractal reverbs. The FAS Reverb plugin is also world-class and I'd be hard pressed to say that I'm missing something with these. In fact I DO think it is fair to compare both. FAS is that good!

I own a Bricasti and its an amazing piece of gear. I like the reverb in the Axe-fx too but you can´t really compare them when it comes to naturally sounding reverb. I use the Bricasti for everything I mix and its really a great tool, but if I only needed reverb for guitar it would be completely overkill. At least for live use. One thing I´m looking forward to is the new feature with longer IR. I like to use some of the studio room presets in the Bricasti as and I’m going to make IR´s of those and use it as a convolution reverb . I‘ve not been able to replicate those in the axe.

I own a Bricasti and its an amazing piece of gear. I like the reverb in the Axe-fx too but you can´t really compare them when it comes to naturally sounding reverb. I use the Bricasti for everything I mix and its really a great tool, but if I only needed reverb for guitar it would be completely overkill. At least for live use. One thing I´m looking forward to is the new feature with longer IR. I like to use some of the studio room presets in the Bricasti as and I’m going to make IR´s of those and use it as a convolution reverb . I‘ve not been able to replicate those in the axe.
Absolutely. I own a Bricasti too. I mix with it all the time and use it with a few Lexicons. I might use those on guitar instead of the Axe Fx, but if I'm playing live or in the studio with the band I'm using the Fx reverb. It sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom