Anyone who likes to grill - SHARE your tips , tools and techniques !

Haha! I literally fell in love with the night shift while serving in the Military. I realized then
that a person could do their job in peace as all the assholes were fast asleep. ;)
It’s a double-edged knife. Sure, the assholes are fast asleep. But so is some of your most reliable backup.

It’s a double-edged knife. Sure, the assholes are fast asleep. But so is some of your most reliable backup.

True. :)

I'd contend we always did more cleaning up after them than they ever had to do for us. We got to
do it without being micro-managed, or dealing with power trips, or my fave---the Grand Tours and
Inspections--that always felt more about pomp and circumstance than any sort of readyness or
preparation.

No complaints, though. One of the best experiences of my life, by far. :)

20210906_164331.jpg20210906_164343.jpg

It's blasphemy that I separated the Flat from the Point, but I did it anyway. :) Cooked to 196F and should
reach 202-3F while it rests for a couple of hours wrapped.

I didn't wrap it Texas-style for the final portion of the cook. Instead I mopped it every hour
with a half vinegar/half water solution. First time trying that method.

Last edited:
What's everyone's preferred method of eating Brisket? Sliders? Sandwiches? Stand alone slices?

I still have 2 hours to kill before I can slice into it. My patience muscle is severely fatigued. ;)

Is it brisket? Smoking it? If so, it’s art not science. Low an slow. About an hour a pound. Did a 11 LB brisket. Temp 200-225F - 12 hours.

Yup. I started it last night at 10PM and pulled it off at 5PM today. 19 hours between 225F and 245F on temp.

It was 16lbs packed, but I probably trimmed 3lbs of fat off of it. I'll melt that down into tallow and use it.

View attachment 88220View attachment 88221

It's blasphemy that I separated the Flat from the Cap, but I did it anyway. :) Cooked to 196F and should
reach 202-3F while it rests for a couple of hours wrapped.

I didn't wrap it Texas-style for the final portion of the cook. Instead I mopped it every hour
with a half vinegar/half water solution. First time trying that method.
I’m tearing up. It’s just so beautiful.

I slice it and like to serve it with a potato salad and I will grill asparagus if it’s in season or the Mrs. will make a green bean salad with olive oil, garlic and black olives. Of course it has to be served with the proper beverage of the season 😁
Try wrapping the asparagus with a slice of bacon on each asparagus put a toothpick in it to hold it together.
Bad thing is you’ll eat a pound of bacon lol. Oh but it’s so good.

There is a delicacy down here in the Republic of Texas called burnt ends. To be eaten not smoked but you’ll like ‘em.

I have seen how those are made out of cubing up the thinner Flat portion of the Brisket
and I was intent on doing that. I ran out of steam, though. :(

Back
Top Bottom