expression pedal states when switching scenes

JCBitB

Inspired
Hey guys, I'm thinking of setting an expression pedal to either amp gain or delay mix, and I'm curious what will happen on a scene change. Right now I'm selecting gain staging with scenes, as well as managing my delay states and I'm having to save a scene with every possible gain and delay combination which is a little frustrating. How quickly does the expression state get read when you do a scene change? If I want to change delay settings/channels without altering my current amount of dirt, will a scene change revert the gain back to where it was when it was saved, forcing me to wiggle the pedal to bring it back?

its about 3 hours till I can try it and I'll only have a few minutes to set it up once I'm there, so I appreciate the help brainstorming before I get there. Sure wish we could have scene changes that could ignore certain block states!!!

The value will reflect the modifier source (pedal) value throughout. There's no glitching or delay in reading the pedal value to maintain the previous value through a scene change.

The only exception is if you have the modifier's active channel set to something other than ALL and your scene changes include amp channel changes. In that case the amp's parameter would revert to the saved value in the channels where the modifier is not active and would ignore the pedal/modifier value.

If you stay on the active channel for the modifier, or have it's active channel set to ALL, the pedal's effect is preset wide like Bakerman said.

Back
Top Bottom