Almost 2 months with no FW update...

Yup - something like that could do it. Spectrum analyse the pink noise, compare it with the spectrum of what is sent out, then apply the inverse EQ curve.

I agree it would be a big job to have presets for every different PA combination, but perhaps some presets for common setups, like my PowerCab Pluses, or the Headrush, Mission Gemini, Alto, Friedman, etc could be a starter list...

It's just a thought - brought about by the difference in sound between my PowerCabs and my Studio monitors, when they're both allegedly in FRFR mode - but obviously are not FRFR.

Inexpensive studio monitors are always going to be a compromise, and the PC is too, but a really different one, with different "this is most important" criteria.

I seriously doubt it's reasonable to expect what it seems you're expecting.

That said, the Axe probably could get closer than most people's home environments with the addition of a dedicated noise source, a measurement mic, and appropriate software.

Aside from adding more models or modifier potential, I'm not sure what more could be done? Improve audio quality? (Which is already tip notch imo.)

There are many things that could be improved upon to improve the experience. Examples being, but not limited to:

Sequencer - Have two of them. Each with a Run Mode (Loop, Once, Single Step) and Next/Previous Step buttons for Single Step mode. Heck, even have a Paino Roll mode so you can take out the guesswork on finding the right notes when going that route for the sequencer use.

Impulse Response - Hash the library so you can just throw a cab in and the unit recalls it for that preset no matter the user slot it was stored. Go a step further with it and add in some info tagging for the amp block to see and adjust to accordingly. Impedance, Resonant Frequencies, Max Linear Excursion are just a few off the top of my head that are important, and I'm sure Cliff knows more.

Honestly I would prefer to only get updates on a quarterly basis. As neat as it is to do continual beta testing, it's also a level of brain drain that I don't really need to deal with.
Then don't update except once a quarter... It's really your prerogative as to when you personally update.

It's not like you have to apply 4 updates to get there, since each firmware is cumulative.

I'm hoping to see some pot edge taper resolution increase, if only on the gain knob. taper resolution and some refinement in the link between bias excursion/recovery time and other parasitic power section functions, I can adjust excursion time to match a given power section sag behavior but if you change the power section sag behavior in any noticeable way it doesn't seem like excursion time goes with it, you can tweak it again until it lines up to feel right and it's giggle inducing. mainly referring to excursion time, bringing it up from default to between ~5 and ~10 ms...sounds a lot more organic to the way palm muted analog distortion purrs, ~2ms is too quick, it's instant

Nah, Cliff doesn't roll like that. He comes up with new ridiculousness for the III, then tells his team, " now make this work on the other ones."

Back
Top Bottom