Axe Fx III Square Wave noise problem

mrwhites

Hi,
I noticed a problem with the Axe, with almost any Amp/Cab combination I hear a noise (seems like a square wave to me) at the end of a low note.
I'd like to link an example, but I'm not allowed because this is a really safe forum.
I can't even attach the audio file.
The example was with a Div/13 FT37 Low Amp and a 1x12 Division-13 57 Cone TS Cab. Drive is set to 7.7
The recording was made directly in Cubase using the Axe as sound card, no monitoring.
Do you hear the same? Is this normal? I didn't noticed this before...

How can I let you hear this?

Thank you

It's probably noise or interference from your environment. Turn the gate in the Input block off and see if it's there all the time.

Generally I find this happens in higher-gain presets when I'm using a down-tuned guitar, or one with particularly lower tension and I'm palm muting. I tracked it down to buzzing on the fret right after the one I'm holding down. My fix was to set up for a bit higher action (increase neck bow a bit, raise the saddle) as well as up my string gauge a hair. If you have high frets, though, that's gonna be a bit more of an extensive fix (spot level, re-crown/finish).

Just sounds like the low end is a bit tubby. My Les Paul is like that on some amps. She's got a Sir Mix-A-Lot style low end. I sometimes have to dial in a bit of low cut in the Input EQ section of the amp block to tame it with some amps. Try pushing that low cut up a bit and see if it goes away. The cut switch in the Preamp section of the Amp block adds a similar preset low end cut.

That sounds like normal amplifier distortion to me. Turn the Gain or Master down.
Do also continue to keep the noise gate off while testing.

Ok thank you, I'll lower the gain. It still sounds weird to me though, at least I know this is normal for the Axe Fx.

Back
Top Bottom