Possible Bug?

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I have a DELAY block in two scenes
Scene 2 - Delay Channel A => Analog Mono Delay
Here I want the feedback (there's only one feedback it's mono); to be a set constant value like 20%; in other words, there are no modifiers tied to the feedback

Scene 3 - Delay Channel D => Digital Stereo Delay
Here I was the L and R feedback percentage to be tied to an envelope follower modifier; I am setting up the L and R feedback parameters the same; that is:
Source 1 (modifier) is set to envelope follower with a release time of 500 ms

SooOOOoOooo....if I first set up Scene 3, with the Digital Stereo Delay on Channel D. I set the L and R feedback percentage tied to envelope follower modifier, and the release time to say 500ms. Then.....I switch scenes, and of course the Delay block switches channels to Channel A, but the settings I had for channel D, get brought over, or carried over to the feedback control in Channel A.

Can someone else look at this??

Is it possible somehow ...... these feedback settings are somehow not being stored down at the specific channel level, but rather up at the Delay Bock (as a whole) level?

Thanks!
AJ

Hi,
I have a DELAY block in two scenes
Scene 2 - Delay Channel A => Analog Mono Delay
Here I want the feedback (there's only one feedback it's mono); to be a set constant value like 20%; in other words, there are no modifiers tied to the feedback

Scene 3 - Delay Channel D => Digital Stereo Delay
Here I was the L and R feedback percentage to be tied to an envelope follower modifier; I am setting up the L and R feedback parameters the same; that is:
Source 1 (modifier) is set to envelope follower with a release time of 500 ms

SooOOOoOooo....if I first set up Scene 3, with the Digital Stereo Delay on Channel D. I set the L and R feedback percentage tied to envelope follower modifier, and the release time to say 500ms. Then.....I switch scenes, and of course the Delay block switches channels to Channel A, but the settings I had for channel D, get brought over, or carried over to the feedback control in Channel A.

Can someone else look at this??

Is it possible somehow ...... these feedback settings are somehow not being stored down at the specific channel level, but rather up at the Delay Bock (as a whole) level?

Thanks!
AJ
In the Edit Modifier page, make sure you have it set to act on only the channels you want. Otherwise, export the preset and attach it to your message so we can look at it. That works much better than when we try to imagine the settings.

The modifiers for a given block will normally be shared across all of its channels, but you can also limit a modifier so it applies only to any one channel.

Change the “Channel” setting inside the modifier menu to do so.

Not a bug.

Two choices...
  1. Set that modifier to 'Channel D' instead of 'All Channels'
  2. Use two Delay blocks. Better spillover this way

FIRST................. Thank You!!
I can see a setting in the modifier panel that shows which channel (ALL, Channel A, Channel B, Channel C or Channel D)....do you want this modifier to apply to.

HOWEVER....... it still won't work.

On Channel A - I want no = zero modifiers. The Feedback percent is set and it's constant to what I set it at.
On Channel B of the same Delay Block (used in a different scene of course)....... I want a modifer for the Feeback Percent

It doesn't work. I tried it. In the other scene where I'm using Channel B, in the modifier dialog, I set it to Channel B (which I assume means the modifier settings apply to Channel B only), and I saved it. But when I change Scenes, and consequently change Channels to Channel A - it is still set to what was set/saved in Channel B.

Frustrating......

Here's my PRESET

P L E A S E>>>>> Look at Delay 2
Scene 1, 2 and 3 should use the Channel A which is a MONO delay and the feedback has no modifier
In Scene 4 it should use Channel B which is an Analog STEREO delay with 2 feedback percentages (L & R).... and the Left one "should" be set just as the right one is.
But if I set it............ then it messes up Channel A.

Attachments

• Z21-CrunchRock.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Working normally here. Left feedback doesn't have a modifier assigned at all. If you want both feedbacks to be controlled by the envelope follower, then assign a modifier to both parameters and set them both to be active only on the desired channel.

Left feedback in stereo delays is the same parameter as feedback in mono delay modes.

Try this one on. All I did was add a modifier to L Feedback, set it active to channel B, and duplicated the other modifier settings from the R Feedback modifier.

Attachments

• Z21-CrunchRock2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom