Favorite Coffee

Philz Silken Splendor is my all time favorite bean when I can get it. Which isn't very often these days. I had a thought to open a Philz here in town. I think it'd go over well. There's a fine line between a SF Hipster and a NH Live-Free-or-Die'er to be honest. They both drink a lot of coffee, like flannel, Red Wings and coif their beards real nice. :D

If I can't get Philz I usually got for Stumptown Holler Mtn or Hundred Mile.
But San Francisco doesn’t have NASCAR.

After years of trying every brand at home and many coffee shops and chains. Finally settled on my favorite. Not a big fan of stbux or other places that make it strong for strong’s sake or where the beans taste burned. I’ve also tried a lot of local shops including Blue Bottle out in San Francisco and a few other spots. I don’t go for tasting fruit notes in my coffee. I like a plain cup of neutral black coffee like the best version of a cup from an all-night diner. I found it and I brew it at home. Pictures below. Disclaimer: I have a very good burr grinder for the beans and a good coffee maker (Moccmaster by a company called Technivorm). Btw, I’m in Texas and honorable mention goes to another Austin company called Cuvée.
View attachment 86939
25 Years buying from Royal Blue Organics / Cafe Mam Eugene Oregon 5 lbs every 5-6 weeks whole bean expresso blend.

https://cafemam.com/

I'm pretty plebian: Dunkin' Donuts mixed half original blend, half decaf, in a drip coffee maker, with a pinch of salt.

But it works for me. I brew a pot of 5 cups (judging by the water; it only comes up to the 4-and-a-half cups on the lines on the pot), and usually I go through it all by 2pm.

Recently I've been adding a touch of fat to it, the so-called "bulletproof coffee": A touch of heavy cream, coconut oil, or even butter. But that's just the keto thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a NASCAR fan. If I watch a race it will be F1. But it always stuck in my head that y’all had a track, north of the Mason-Dixon Line.
I mean, looks like you're right, but I don't see a lot of hats or anything here like you see in Tejas.

I like pretty much any bean from Stumptown. I pretty much do pour-over exclusively, V60, Chemex or Origami.

Back
Top Bottom