AFIII Frankenstein?

WITELITE

Experienced
Getting ready for practice next week and learning Frankenstein. Our keyboard player will take the key parts but our sax player will be playing bass so trying to get something workable.Using G Diatonic High 4ths, High 3rds and Low 4ths to cover the sax run with separate scenes (Also a sax patch from a GR55 that doubles the main guitar line to fill it out. The fact that you can even attempt this with this unit is fantastic though the playing needs polishing. Anyone have a better patch?

MM

There are some wrong notes in there. The whole section is 2nd inversion triads where the only thing to (maybe) deal with is chromatic neighbors in the 5th measure, and sax switching from top to middle part for the last 2 measures.

BSrS7hf.png

One way to get the chromatic chords (marked red) would be a momentary switch to lower key by 1/2 step. You could hold it for the first 2 or 3 16ths of beats 2-4 with no problems but the timing on beat 1 would need to be precise. Or you might find it sounds good enough without doing that. (The G#m triad in beat 2 of the next measure will be correct without the key change.)

Also the riff preceding this goes G Bb B C on beat 2, not A Bb B C.

Have you considered having your sax player play sax on that song, and you create a patch that has an added octave-down, to cover the bass? I can't recall how much the bass & guitar play in unison on that song, but I seem to recall it's a fair amount.

@Bakerman you are indeed the axe master. This is awesome and thanks for the corrections. I may go the good enough route on the other suggestion versus the precision of the toe taps but this is SO helpful.

virtual beer my friend.

MM

Have you considered having your sax player play sax on that song, and you create a patch that has an added octave-down, to cover the bass? I can't recall how much the bass & guitar play in unison on that song, but I seem to recall it's a fair amount.
Yes but the sax is only present for about 30 seconds of the song and I’d rather have the real bass. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom