Buddy Guy: The Blues Chase The Blues Away

I thought it was really great. Put a human face on this iconic player. Quite a life. 85 and still kickin' it! Glad they got this made while he's still around.

I thought it was really great. Put a human face on this iconic player. Quite a life. 85 and still kickin' it! Glad they got this made while he's still around.

Same here. :)

I didn't realize the influence he had in progressing guitar playing and the Blues.

Thanks. :)

Watching the doc left me feeling like Buddy Guy was legitimately
the first "shredder." He couldn't get a record deal of his own and
had to serve as a supporting player because he played too fast and
too much. Hmmmmmm......

Then he blew up in the UK (thank you to The Rolling Stones) and the
Chess Records owner suddenly wanted him to do his own record
the Buddy Guy way.

Buddy told him to get fucked.... nicely. :)

Have you ever watched Les Paul play, in his prime? He was another one that I discovered well after the "typical" guitar heroes of my day, and damn was he smokin'! And what an innovator too! Guess that's why he and Eddie connected like they did.

Last edited:
Have you ever watched Les Paul play, in his prime? He was another one that I discovered well after the "typical" guitar heroes of my day, and damn was he smokin'! And what an innovator too! Guess that's why he and Eddie connected like they did.

For sure. In some ways Les playing live like he did with pre-recorded tape loops in the 1950s was more innovative
than what most guitar players do now with superior technology. Mary Ford was crazy good, too, and could play
anything Les could. Definitely not just a pretty voice in a nice dress. :)

I saw Buddy Guy live many years ago. He played through a Marshall Plexi half stack and two 59 Bassmans on 10. I was in the front row right in front of him. I met him and talked to him a bit after the show. He's the real thing. So glad I got to see him live.

Back
Top Bottom