New Iron Maiden: The Writing on the Wall

I love it! Been a fan since I discovered Aces High in about 1985. The theme reminds me of "When the Wild Wind Blows" from my favourite Maiden album, "The Final Frontier". It's a challenge for any band to not keep churning out the same stuff so I appreciate the bluesy/southern riffs in this new song. Up the irons!!!

I still can't believe that between 1981-84 Maiden released and toured for

Killers
Nature of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave

What a run!

I'm stoked about the new album, too. :)
Nature of the Beast threw me off there for a second... ;)

The Number of the Beast

And let's not forget Iron Maiden in 1980!

Sweet! :)

That was an album that was not "typical" Maiden either. I loved it, but as I
recall they got a lot of pushback for using Guitar synths on it.

I was blessed to see them on that tour in the fall of 1987 with Yngwie opening. :)

Yes... it was definitely not your standard Maiden album, some of my mates didn't like it at first, but as soon as I heard Wasted Years I was sold. I grew up with Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind etc etc but there was something about this album that really pulled me in.

Finally got the chance to watch the video.

I didn't mind the "differentness" of it. Not every Maiden song can be galloping rhythms.

I stopped really following them after Seventh Son... This sounded pretty solid to me.

Numerator of the Beast was awesome live ... but I suppose PowerSalve tops the Maiden albums for me .. As for this .. mmhh I generally liked it .. the story etc.. but I found myself just waiting for the song to develop into something more .. it's different , but it's Maiden .. Loc-Nar .. Yes ! I couldn't put my finger on the familiarity ..81-84' Ah the memories .. if only I could remember them :)

Finally got the chance to watch the video.

I didn't mind the "differentness" of it. Not every Maiden song can be galloping rhythms.

I stopped really following them after Seventh Son... This sounded pretty solid to me.

I completely ignored Maiden during their 80s heyday, then heard a tip that their 2005 release (Dance of Death) was really good. And it is! That album hooked me on the band and then I went on a Maiden spree, digging into their back catalog and catching up on all of what I had missed.

Back
Top Bottom