Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
So before I purchase the Yamaha MD-BT01, I am just checking that Fracpad Lite will connect via bluetooth with my Axe 2 and iPad?
If not then I will purchase the Apple Camera connector and have to be wired :(

Last edited:
I guess the other question is what is missing on LITE compared to full functions on the purchased version? Thanks again Algrenadine :)

Everything, it's just a demo, only few parameters accessible
I think it would be a good idea to describe what is possible with the Lite version because I was a bit confused why I could not do anything in the cab block for example.

Also is the Lite version updated when the full version is so people trying it for the first time get the most up to date experience?

I think it would be a good idea to describe what is possible with the Lite version because I was a bit confused why I could not do anything in the cab block for example.

Also is the Lite version updated when the full version is so people trying it for the first time get the most up to date experience?
1 : Only edit amp and drive blocks parameters
2 : No, only when i have enough time or something interesting to demo must be added. Building the demo for iOS is a pain so the demo is not updated on each official version release

1 : Only edit amp and drive blocks parameters
2 : No, only when i have enough time or something interesting to demo must be added. Building the demo for iOS is a pain so the demo is not updated on each official version release
I see. In that case it's maybe good idea to tell what version it is based on so if someone has an issue they could see that ok, that is fixed on the full version.

The way I see it, if I try the Lite version and something doesn't work then I am reluctant to buy the full one and run into the same issue. Knowing that they are based on different versions would give more confidence.

Overall better documentation would be nice because it's now like the Wiki page, this thread and some YT videos so it's more difficult to find what you should be reading to get the full scoop. I think having for example release notes in the wiki page would be helpful to track what has changed so people on the fence about buying Fracpad could check what has improved.

I see. In that case it's maybe good idea to tell what version it is based on so if someone has an issue they could see that ok, that is fixed on the full version.

The way I see it, if I try the Lite version and something doesn't work then I am reluctant to buy the full one and run into the same issue. Knowing that they are based on different versions would give more confidence.

Overall better documentation would be nice because it's now like the Wiki page, this thread and some YT videos so it's more difficult to find what you should be reading to get the full scoop. I think having for example release notes in the wiki page would be helpful to track what has changed so people on the fence about buying Fracpad could check what has improved.
It's based on the official version which has the same number... simple
Yes those things would be nice, but i have no time for now

Would love to try this! According to the Wiki page in order for me to use bluetooth with my FM3 in need to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 in order for this to work properly with an Android device. Yamaha's product page says this device only works for Apple products. Has anyone tried this with an Android device? Can anyone clear up the confusion before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

Would love to try this! According to the Wiki page in order for me to use bluetooth with my FM3 in need to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 in order for this to work properly with an Android device. Yamaha's product page says this device only works for Apple products. Has anyone tried this with an Android device? Can anyone clear up the confusion before I pull the trigger. Thanks!
Yes it works with Android 6+

Just got this working on my ipad with the FM3 and a Roland UM-One. What a great bit of software. Good work.
I'm using PEQ on outputs under Global Settings though, Fracpad only shows the Graphic EQ under Setup?

Just got this working on my ipad with the FM3 and a Roland UM-One. What a great bit of software. Good work.
I'm using PEQ on outputs under Global Settings though, Fracpad only shows the Graphic EQ under Setup?
Yes this was a recent change in axefx firmware, not handled for now

Back
Top Bottom