FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a Bug?
I thought that the Low Cut Frequency in the preamp and the Low Cut in the Input EQ were different parameters? Now if I turn one of them, the other stays at the same value.

Added: Adjustable USB buffer sizes.

I would appreciate an explanation of what is the utility of this buffer size.

I know the importance of the buffer size in a DAW (for example when recording and monitoring inputs from a plugin or external audio device). But I don't understand what this adjustment makes in the FM3.

I will update the wiki with your reply, I suppose several users can ask for this question. (please confirm if this adjustment is also implemented in AXE-FX III)

Hi everybody
I’m new to the fractal world and I'm new to this forum. I own a FM3 a view weeks now and I am more than happy with it!
I’m still at FW 3.02 and looking forward to update.

I use MIDI a lot and have a question about syncing internal tempo to MIDI clock:
As I understand, the FM3 always syncs to a receiving MIDI clock and there is no way to disable this. Now my question is, should only the FM3 Global Tempo sync to the MIDI Beat Clock or also the Preset Tempo? It seems the MIDI Clock is handled like the Tap Tempo: Whenever the Global Tempo is changed via the Tap Tempo, the current Preset Tempo is also changed. This behavior is OK for Tap Tempo, but for MIDI Clock that is always present (like a Tap Tempo that is continuously tapped) I think it should only sync with Global Tempo. The way it is now, in a MIDI environment the Preset Tempo is useless because it is always overwritten by the MIDI Clock.
Is this the intended behavior or could this probably be a small bug?

Thanks!

Hi everybody
I’m new to the fractal world and I'm new to this forum. I own a FM3 a view weeks now and I am more than happy with it!
I’m still at FW 3.02 and looking forward to update.

I use MIDI a lot and have a question about syncing internal tempo to MIDI clock:
As I understand, the FM3 always syncs to a receiving MIDI clock and there is no way to disable this. Now my question is, should only the FM3 Global Tempo sync to the MIDI Beat Clock or also the Preset Tempo? It seems the MIDI Clock is handled like the Tap Tempo: Whenever the Global Tempo is changed via the Tap Tempo, the current Preset Tempo is also changed. This behavior is OK for Tap Tempo, but for MIDI Clock that is always present (like a Tap Tempo that is continuously tapped) I think it should only sync with Global Tempo. The way it is now, in a MIDI environment the Preset Tempo is useless because it is always overwritten by the MIDI Clock.
Is this the intended behavior or could this probably be a small bug?

Thanks!
Hi Kema

Welcome to the forum and the fractal world ! :)

I recommend you to open a new thread inside FM3 Discussion section, asking for this topic. You will get more focused replies, as this thread is focused mainly on beta5 and bbc

1. You may wish to perform RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS after installing this version if you are upgrading from a version prior to 4.00 beta 4. Remember: You can back up the complete set of FC layouts using FM3-Edit and re-import it after the reset.
Wish I would have remembered to save the layout before I did this! Oh well it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom