FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had a fan issue with the last update but OUT2 was still quiet. Has this been fixed?
Thank you for all your hard work FAS team!

The way it should be. Same as Axe-Fx III. When boot is complete the fan either continues running or stops depending upon temperature.
Nice, beta 5 confirms my FM3 actually has a fan and it works. I think this boot is the first time I've heard it spin :)

One thing I've noticed on my FM3 journey so far, when Cliff is posting in the thread, it's safe to assume things have been fixed, and a RTC is next.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Chirping is gone for me as well. Again, incredible work and turnaround for this round of betas. The dev team is incredible!

The chirping/clicking fan sound from beta 3 and 4 are completely gone in beta 5, thank you!

Just curious, if you ran the FM3 with beta 3 for an extended period of time with that chirping sound would it have caused a problem for the unit, or was it simply a noise issue?

The way it should be. Same as Axe-Fx III. When boot is complete the fan either continues running or stops depending upon temperature.
Yeah I'm sure its just checking that its working. PC do this and so do Playstations. If its not working the system wont bootup. The fan is critical in most modern PCs to keep the CPU from overheating. Overheating can cause errors or even have the CPU desolder itself from the mother board. That happened to the Playstation 3 when the fan and radiator got too clogged with dust to work efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom