[Implemented] Revv Generator 120 Red and Purple Channels

Love my Generator 100P Mk3 and my G20. I run 4CM with my FM3. Obviously I'd love to see the Green/Purple/Red channels with all aggression/drive modes modeled!
There is one on the way but Revv
has to send Cliff the amp
someone asked them in a podcast last month and they replied they were /are going to but forgot to send an amp

There is one on the way but Revv
has to send Cliff the amp
someone asked them in a podcast last month and they replied they were /are going to but forgot to send an amp

Is this a common process? Like, an amp manufacturer sends amps to fractal officially? Why would they do that?
Fractal is not paying those amp manufacturers, right?
I'm asking just out of curiosity :)

There is one on the way but Revv has to send Cliff the amp
last month! that's
hilarious, they said the exact same thing in a live youtube event last December. They don't seem very serious about actually doing it - don't hold your breath.

Meh… I wouldn’t hold my breath for the Revv models. They’ve been rumored for a while. The wish list is full of requests for metal amps. We still don’t have any other Fryette amps other than the Deliverance, no Wizard amps, no Revv, no Victory Kraken, no Randall Satan, no Fortin models, no Dover models, no HiWatt Super-Hi, etc. The Archon was a welcome addition but we’re much more likely to get an oddball Plexi with its jumpered variations.

In saying all that, most of the tones are there. It may take a deep dive into settings but the Revv is pretty similar to other high gain amps (Uberschall, Recto, Herbert). It may make it easier to dial in if the actual amp model was available but, even though the Helix has the models, their modeling in far inferior to Fractal’s so I’ll make that concession.

Revv unfortunately seem to have a direct deal with Line6 seeing as the amps are listed by official name in the Helix platform, and Revv provided them the schematics which to my knowledge aren't readily available elsewhere. Unfortunately that means "Business" might be getting in the way of them also working with Fractal if any Line6 money changed hands to make it happen.

But as a Canadian I'd also like to see something from our country represented. I also didn't know Wizard was Canadian!

Most of the time, specific amp models get overlooked because there's already something similar in the catalog, or an amp company is striving for a classic design that's well-reflected in existing models (like Wizard vs. vintage Marshalls). Personally though, I tend to strongly disagree. I've been told to go try the VH4 model as a stand-in for my H&K Triamp MKII, and it's an ill-informed assumption that they're close. But I guess to some folks, Porches and Benzes are the same, yeah?

That aside, not having a manufacturer's "official" approval never stopped anyone from putting out their model of a Soup Pro or a Fander (not even Fractal). All Line 6 got for their trouble was getting to be the only kid on the playground that gets to use the real name. I don't know if that's where I would prefer my modeling manufacturer focusing their attention, but I'm sure the Line6 army will swear they can hear the difference that second V makes. Slow clap.

I'm confident that over time, the Fractal catalog will expand to include far more variety (and hopefully some REVV and Wizard stuff!), but for now it seems that they're primarily focused on:

1. Perfecting the technology of amp capture, non-linear reproduction, and minimizing the processing power required to do it.
2. Prioritizing amps that expand the palette of total possible tones, and that resonate with as many players as possible, first.

So yeah, until then, just go ahead use the VH4 model for everything no matter what. LOL

Last edited:
Most of the time, specific amp models get overlooked because there's already something similar in the catalog, or an amp company is striving for a classic design that's well-reflected in existing models (like Wizard vs. vintage Marshalls). Personally though, I tend to strongly disagree. I've been told to go try the VH4 model as a stand-in for my H&K Triamp MKII, and it's an ill-informed assumption that they're close. But I guess to some folks, Porches and Benzes are the same, yeah?

That aside, not having a manufacturer's "official" approval never stopped anyone from putting out their model of a Soup Pro or a Fander (not even Fractal). All Line 6 got for their trouble was getting to be the only kid on the playground that gets to use the real name. I don't know if that's where I would prefer my modeling manufacturer focusing their attention, but I'm sure the Line6 army will swear they can hear the difference that second V makes. Slow clap.

I'm confident that over time, the Fractal catalog will expand to include far more variety (and hopefully some REVV and Wizard stuff!), but for now it seems that they're primarily focused on:

1. Perfecting the technology of amp capture, non-linear reproduction, and minimizing the processing power required to do it.
2. Prioritizing amps that expand the palette of total possible tones, and that resonate with as many players as possible, first.

So yeah, until then, just go ahead use the VH4 model for everything no matter what. LOL
The other issue is that without a schematic for the amp the modelling process is much more time intensive as Cliff has to manually trace the entire amp circuit by hand. The lack of schematic is a big reason the PRS Archon took several years to be added despite Cliff owning the amp for quite a while. (It didn’t take several years to trace by hand, but it took a while for Cliff to find the time and willingness to do it by hand from scratch. )

For some companies the schematics have leaked via service manuals or others tracing and posting them, or the schematic is just publicly available for do-it-yourself owners to repair their amps. But some more obscure or more recent amps aren’t easily available.

This is why Revv providing the amp (and schematic) would be a big help.

And in fact, if I knew they were supposed to send the schematic eventually I would not start tracing by hand in the meantime because you know it’ll finally show up right when I finish.

The other issue is that without a schematic for the amp the modelling process is much more time intensive as Cliff has to manually trace the entire amp circuit by hand. The lack of schematic is a big reason the PRS Archon took several years to be added despite Cliff owning the amp for quite a while. (It didn’t take several years to trace by hand, but it took a while for Cliff to find the time and willingness to do it by hand from scratch. )

For some companies the schematics have leaked via service manuals or others tracing and posting them, or the schematic is just publicly available for do-it-yourself owners to repair their amps. But some more obscure or more recent amps aren’t easily available.

And in fact, if I knew they were supposed to send the schematic eventually I would not start tracing by hand in the meantime because you know it’ll finally show up right when I finish.
That's a great point that I never considered.

That's a reason to start tracing, isn't it?
So it'll show up?

Back
Top Bottom