60 Second Sounds - Live Two Amp Blending - Episode 1

Dude this is PERFECT!!! THANKS!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

Quick, simple, straight to the point, nothing wasted, and no 26 minute ramble and preamble!

And if I don't understand I can watch it twice in 2 minutes! Hell, I can watch it 26 times over by the time the 26 minute long one is over!

Also just shows how quick it is to make things happen on the axe fx although it can be very complex! Brilliant!! 👏 can't wait for more!!!

Great video!
One question tho cooper....
Couldn't you accomplish this using just one mixer block after the cabs and setting inverse modifiers on the respective mix controls in the same manner?....same result just using 1 instead of 2 blocks. CPU usage seems pretty comparable between either solution.

Great video!
Couldn't you accomplish this using just one mixer block after the cabs and setting inverse modifiers on the respective mix controls in the same manner?....same result just using 1 instead of 2 blocks. CPU usage seems pretty comparable between either solution.

There's just one cab in Cooper's preset. A mixer after the cab wouldn't work.

You could put a mixer between the amps and the cab. But then you would control the amps' output instead of input, with a different result.

There's just one cab in Cooper's preset. A mixer after the cab wouldn't work.

You could put a mixer between the amps and the cab. But then you would control the amps' output instead of input, with a different result.
I meant "amp"...but I see your point... it's a good point. Thanks yek! I'm going to have to try it both ways to check out the different tone possibilities! 😁 This inverse modifiers trick looks like a great way to find a good blend between multiple effects, cabs, drives, ECT. Seems like a much quicker way to find the sweet spot instead of adjusting, playing, adjusting, playing. Just use your foot!
What a cool little black box this is!
😜🤘

Last edited:
Great video!

Many, many way to skin this cat, for lack of a better phrase. Beautiful thing about the Axe/FM3: many ways to a similar goal. As @yek points out, this modulates the input. A mixer after the amp would be a transparent shift between the two. I find this way a bit more organic and dynamic.

Many, many way to skin this cat, for lack of a better phrase. Beautiful thing about the Axe/FM3: many ways to a similar goal. As @yek points out, this modulates the input. A mixer after the amp would be a transparent shift between the two. I find this way a bit more organic and dynamic.
It's an awesome "hack". The inverse modifiers are a brilliant idea. Going to save me tons of time tone chasing using an expression pedal to find values vs stopping and fiddling with the mouse. Your "every Axfx3 amp" videos are the reason I bought an axefx3 instead of headrush, helix, or Kemper. Was a leap of faith for sure since the fractal is the only one I couldn't try at GC. Keep skinning those cats brother....I'm a dog person anyway.
😜🤘

Back
Top Bottom