FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
IMPORTANT: These banks require FM3 firmware version 4, currently available in beta on this forum.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4-preview1.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my private collection, plus some from the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • The presets now include many "Per-Preset Performance Controls".
  • Many presets have additional scenes, great for your OMG9 or OMG15 rig!
  • In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in these new Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢

Last edited:
Do these require the amp update from Axe III 16.02 that is not yet available for the FM3? I thought 16.02 addressed some issues related to the Voxy/AC type amps.

Awesome.....I'm looking forward to trying these all out and checking out the configurations specific to the FM3...I always get new ideas from the factory presets, both for amp tones/IR's and the FX setups/routing as well as usability tweaks. Great job thanks, good work!

FAS, you are great and I really appreciate your work to improve a technology that is already great 😌 I cannot wait to testdrive it next week on the first rehearsal of my band since October 2020 😌

Greetings from Germany and stay healthy

Maik

Will the new beta be available soon to test these out with? Unfortunately beta 1 and 2 had some bugs that made me revert to 3.02.

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
IMPORTANT: These banks require FM3 firmware version 4, currently available in beta on this forum.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4-preview1.zip
(There is no ALLBANKS file yet. Use Fractal-Bot to send them over one-by-one, please.)

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my personal private collection, plus the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and even some submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢
THANK YOU!!!

What a great weekend, I got my new PRS yesterday, and now hundreds of presets to try it with!

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
(There is no ALLBANKS file yet. Use Fractal-Bot to send them over one-by-one, please.)

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my personal private collection, plus the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and even some submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢
You've been a busy bee! Awesome and thanks!

DOWNLOAD NOW:
Matt, did they pull 4.00 Beta 2? The link doesn't appear to work. It just redirects me to the FAS home page.

Top notch company!!!! I know it seems like this took forever for this update to come, but the fact we’re getting a whole brand new modeling algorithm in a pedal board axe fx, 2015 me would be freaking out right now. Though, 2021 me is still pretty stoked now too.

I don't know why, but I can't import the following presets, both via Fractal Bot or Preset Manager.
I imported them one by one in preset manager and they are ok now.

Everything else is just perfect! I tried some and NOW I can see the improvement in Cygnus, it was harder for me (new user) to get the most out of the beta.

Schermata 2021-06-04 alle 07.01.22.png

I don't know why, but I can't import the presets 258-263, both via Fractal Bot or Preset Manager.
I imported them one by one in preset manager and they are ok now.
I do see that there is something strange happening there. I just tried to copy paste these same presets using Preset Manager and it failed. I will look into this.

Edit: The problem seemed to be preset 259, Raja Drone, which works, but slows the FM3 for some reason. Interestingly, this preset did not change for Cygnus except to have its amp block reset. I will report this to the engineers. Meanwhile, I reduced the CPU usage of that preset slightly, re-exported the banks, and saved the file on the server. Hopefully this prevents any further problems.

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

As I don't have an FM3 myself yet, and thus I can't check it myself: did the preset from @fremen 'Drones of Arrakis' survive the port? I know - from pictures - it uses 2 synth blocks on the AxeFX3, and the FM3 only has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom