Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

Hi! No answers about this ?

1 - The presence button in the engl severe 1 act very, very strangely . is it me ? I have done the refresh after firmware etc .
2 - the presence shift button in mark 4 is very weird too .
3 - big volume drop in legend 100 II model compared to the other firmware (not important in the end, just level it up)
4 - triaxis sounds like it got dead tubes

Negative Feedback in Recto Orange Modern and Red Modern models is set at 0.01.

IIRC this was a trick in the past to force the HiCut control to change into a Presence control. This doesn't seem to be necessary anymore, now that there are separate Presence and HiCut controls.

Anyway, can't hear the difference between 0.01 and 0.00, so it's not really important...

it sounds good, that’s for sure, but it’s nowhere near authentic at the moment.
no problem thought, there are so many models to choose from, so all is good 😊
What's the assumption based on? Do you have the same Diezel model as Cliff? The same was here with the Friedmans. I have played three BE100 models and all three were different, with the 2020 models having a distinct fuzz in the low end.

Yes it’s true . Between two amps one sound like a Marshall and the other one like a boogie 🙄😁. Seriously… most of the time, when a owner say something he is right at 99,9% in the end, whatever excuses and blabla about the impossibility to be “wrong” in the modeling . Then we have an update and everyone : “ohhh.. yeaaa…o.k” and go hiding themselves in the forest . Don’t want to sound rude, but I personally read so much **** after my impressions that were right in the end. Always listen to the owners, and stop saying that the differences between 2 amps is huge. Or post a video about it

What's the assumption based on? Do you have the same Diezel model as Cliff? The same was here with the Friedmans. I have played three BE100 models and all three were different, with the 2020 models having a distinct fuzz in the low end.
my assumption is based on owning real diezel vh4, vh2 and herbert. I know how it’s supposed to sound and I played 4 different vh4’s where every ch. sounded 99% the same.

in 15.01 dizzy models were much more accurate.

I have no problem with that though, as I prefer other amps and amp models.

just wanted to point there’s possible bug.

Anyone, who knows real diezels can confirm pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:
my assumption is based on owning real diezel vh4, vh2 and herbert. I know how it’s supposed to sound and I played 4 different vh4’s where every ch. sounded 99% the same.

in 15.01 dizzy models were much more accurate.

I have no problem with that though, as I prefer other amps and amp models.

just wanted to point there’s possible bug.

Anyone, who knows real diezels can confirm pretty much the same thing.
So, put a recording of the AMP you've owned of the same channel and we can compare those. The biggest difference will be in the impedance curve. Choose a TV cab or 5153 and it will sound a lot tighter. Choose a Mesa straight and it will just push the amp to farting out and looseness. Which cab combinations have you played the DZ with? Which IR's are you using it with? Actually the perception of the amp in the room sensation is something completely different to what the gain structure you'll be hearing with a mic on the cab.

Is the Dweezil's Bassguy model only supposed to have "input drive" and "negative feedback" under the authentic tab?

So, put a recording of the AMP you've owned of the same channel and we can compare those. The biggest difference will be in the impedance curve. Choose a TV cab or 5153 and it will sound a lot tighter. Choose a Mesa straight and it will just push the amp to farting out and looseness. Which cab combinations have you played the DZ with? Which IR's are you using it with? Actually the perception of the amp in the room sensation is something completely different to what the gain structure you'll be hearing with a mic on the cab.
Well based on all the tips on the dizzy models he has offered over the last few betas I would tend to believe he knows them quite well and is hearing a difference. Whether this is the same as Cliff's amp is the question, but I'd tend to believe that he knows what he's talking about

my assumption is based on owning real diezel vh4, vh2 and herbert. I know how it’s supposed to sound and I played 4 different vh4’s where every ch. so.

Everyone who knows real diezels can confirm pretty much the same thing.
We are more discussing the amount of gain not character
an impedance curve will not take a Jcm800 and turn it into a Uberschall
it will tailor the low end
a DZL VH 4 ch 2 is normally about 800 levels of drive

I've gotten to where I care less about what amp the model is supposed to sound like and what I'm able to make it sound like. I like to play with the cab impedance curves and tend to use a post amp graphic eq to slightly fine tune after I get it close in the amp and cab/IR.

Bottom line... I get tone compliments all the time and tons of "where's your amp?... what are you playing into?..."

Lot's of law drops, especially when I hand them the guitar and let them play through it and feel the Axe for themselves!

yup, these guys @jon and @Randalljax understood my message and said it better that I ever could with my poor english, so kudos to both of you guys ☝️👊🤟

@milan.pohancenik
I don’t really have right tools to prove something to you, but I am pretty sure about what I’m trying to say, and that is :

if you own real vh4, just crank ch2 and ch3 gain to max, switch between them, then do the same thing with models and you’ll understand in a heartbeat.

I am not bitchin’ in any way, as I know what to tweak to get it close to real amp sound.

I mentioned it only, so now other users know, that if they have problems for example with dizzy ch3. silver and the sound is like someone said, kinda flubby and less gain that ch2 - that’s simply not how it sounds in real life.

I even wrote in previous post, that if you want that legendary vh4 ch3 sound, use dizzy silver v4 ch.2, raise the depth to around 50% and adjust the gain to taste, compare with real amp and you’ll be in a ballpark. for now, good enough for me :)

Hi! No answers about this ?

1 - The presence button in the engl severe 1 act very, very strangely . is it me ? I have done the refresh after firmware etc .
2 - the presence shift button in mark 4 is very weird too .
3 - big volume drop in legend 100 II model compared to the other firmware (not important in the end, just level it up)
4 - triaxis sounds like it got dead tubes
I never owned a Triaxis but I use to like the version we had before, it now sounds too gritty almost less tight?

This preamp is pretty complex, got modes etc . Maybe something not easy to simulate .

Some sounds here are not in the sim 🥲
I agree it was better before Cygnus . And in the beta it’s even worse . After 16:40 this sound with some tweaks got a really big punch wow.
Yes I choose a video from Leon because he has long hair.

Back
Top Bottom