Ghosts? Anyone Ever Experience Unexplained Things?

..When I was a kid, There wasn't any real drug culture - not like today, and not that I was aware of anyway. But there was solvent abuse going on... Knowing this, My Mom, she used to read from the paper to all-us kids, stories of other kids coming undone by bad behavior, and one of those stories was a story of a kid who saw black figures in his day-to day living of life. They'd come, they'd go, he named this one particular black figure (though I can't remember the name).. Turned out that these black figures were bought on by brain damage from solvent abuse.

...Fast forward to my Cabinet Making years.. I must have laid down two football fields worth of laminates in my time in those cabinet shops.. Seen new guys just undone by those fumes. One guy literally dumped a bottle of milk all over a board and started spreading it around - thinking it was contact adhesive, and then fall off a chair when we removed him outside-away from the fumes.. Same with special finishing, the chemicals involved, lacquer thinners, etc.. Meh, I was a kid.. you get used to these things I supposed.. .. ..though I'm not entirely sure alll my faculties remain intact for it. :0)

Fast-forward to the first house me and My Wife bought. It's an oldish house - we still own it but don't live in it, .. Anyway. After living there for about six months I started seeing these dark shapes just hanging out in the kitchen and the hallway. Really strange. Best I can describe it is "a lack of light where there is light" tallish, pillar(ish) shaped but no defining edges.

I knew what it was.. Brain damage from all that solvent based adhesive I'd laid down, and all the special finishing I had done in those cabinet shops as a kid.. Finally caught upto me! ..And I was okay with it. I knew what it was. I knew there was nothing I could do about it. It wasn't bothering me. Kind of a fun distraction in a way - seeing these poorly formed tall dark shapes.. It was entertaining.

These dark shapes - they had mass, they hung out In the middle of brightly lit rooms.. Sometimes they were wisps of darkness, I could barely see them - easier to see out of the corner of my eye than dead-on, and other-times they were much-more defined. Sometimes, though-rarely, they were imposing..

It's Very ..different ..when you actually see things like that yourself, and you're of a type - like me - where, if you can't beat something to death with science or logic, it simply shouldn't exist.. It doesn't cause fear.. it causes intrigue ... "W-T-F is it???" ..and a need to know..

"Brain damage" ..says Mom, back in the day. ..there! strangeness meet cubbyhole! ..and all the peace that comes along with all-that "knowing". After all, these things.. Must be a figment of my imagination! ..and Logically, must be due to brain damage from being around solvents for a chunk of life.. ..and I made my peace with that.

Never said anything to anybody else about it - didn't see what anybody could do about it except worry for me, or think me mad. Didn't want to worry the Wife. So kept all of this to myself - as you do. ;0)

Life carried on; then I began seeing these things more and more often. They became more and more pronounced. With that increase of occurrence DID come worry! Started thinking 'tumor', that maybe had something growing where it shouldn't be.

One Saturday morning I was watching TV and looked to the kitchen and there was this shape - very pronounced - just hanging out In the kitchen - a tall, three-dimensional, oddly-shapeless lack of light in a room where the sun was streaming through the windows.. and this dark shape was just ...there ...

..Because I was seeing these thing more-and-more often, I was considering seeing a doctor...and for me, something has to be hanging by a thread, to see the sawbones.

...anyway.. I was sitting in one recliner, the Wife in another. I was looking at the TV, and occasionally I would look into the kitchen at this thing.

It was so pronounced!

..I'd look at the TV - then I would stare at this thing in the kitchen .. looked at the TV.. Looked into the kitchen, etc., felt the gaze of familiar eyes, :0) ..so turned to give my Wife a Smile ...and she's giving me the strangest look - a real look of concern - she looked worried.. I smiled..

"What" ..says I..

"Do you see those things too!??" she whispered.

My blood runs cold just typing about it. She's just like me, She isn't gonna worry me "Hey babe, seeing weird shit" ... we're not those kinds of people. But, as you can imagine, we had a lot to chat about regarding this.. She had been seeing these-things, too. And for a long time. One time she actually followed me down the hallway and into a back bedroom, but when she got there, I wasn't. it wasn't me she was following.

What are these things? ..I don't know. Literally, I just don't know.. I know that it's very-likely that hundreds of years ago, they would be called demons, and I would guess that people today, many would call these things ghosts.

But, I Don't Know.

..and I'm fine with that.

I don't need to know everything.

...Currently.. there is magic in this life that doesn't always need to have an explanation - right now! - today! ...In time? Most likely.

But today, I figure that these weird-types of things should just be appreciated, not feared.

But it was an odd exercise in the human condition - which makes me bring all ^...this up on this thread. .. Seems like we seek to explain things away.. "We don't know.." so "We MUST know.." So many misfile-away all kinds of crap regarding "whatever" and call it "explained". I think many of us find peace in that. I know I did.

I have seen a few things I can't beat to death with logic or reason. Then, our eyes aren't that sensitive, our hearing isn't that great, and our finer senses / ambient processing skills, have been dulled by too many reruns of Father Ted, and no real need to engage in real survival.

And on top of all that, we're really not THAT smart either.. And what we lack in smarts we make-up for in ignorance.

Really... :0) ..How COULD we "know it all"?

So, I keep an open mind.. There's just a LOT of stuff out there that I file under "MAGIC!" ..Weird things like above being one of these things. ..And it's nice to have some magic in my life. It's humbling to not know. There's a purity in it. Over the years I have found that it's okay to be skeptical.. As long as we keep an open mind.

Last edited:
Nice nature docu on netflix now (life in colour) where they sometimes try to show how animals, who have a wider, more narrow or simply other visual capability see.
Maybe that could account for certain images.

Never experienced anything myself and I'm high a lot 😏. And if I did, I wouldn t call it something supernatural myself.

I don t even understand why anyone would believe in a soul, let alone a ghost. And isn t supernatural just a word for: inexplicable, so it must be something that requires no explanation?

I have a kind of ESP with respect to things that are about to happen. Not something I can control but it has freaked me out a few times. Here's a few examples;

- One day, I was just walking through the house, back in the early 90's. All of a sudden, this girls name or image of her face, that I went to middle-school and high-school with, just popped into my head. Hadn't seen or talked to her for almost 10 years. No email or Internet then either. A short while later, maybe a couple of hours, the phone rings. I answer the phone and it's her. She was calling me from out west (I'm in southern Ontario) to see if I was going home for the grade 8 reunion.

- Driving down the street one day and again, all of a sudden, I had this image of a high-risk police take down, pop into my head. Five minutes later, there's a Greyhound Bus pulled over, with cop cars around it. Police officers had their guns drawn as this guy backs away from the bus with his hands behind his head.

- Driving down one of the back roads one night, really dark and no street lights. Again, an image pops into my head of something jumping out in front of my car...I couldn't make out what it was though. Since this wasn't the first time this kind of thing happened, I approached the s-curve in the road at a slower speed than normal. Turn right, straight, then a sharp 90 degree left, out from the shadows on my right, a full grown deer jumps out in front of my car and crosses the road. This happened the other day too, this sense that something was about to emerge from the ditch. So, I slow down again...and a couple minutes later, a little field mouse runs across the road! lol

That's just a few examples that I can recall.

Last edited:
And we have the winner for the thread with the largest average number of words per post.

Now-Now! ...Ain't Nobody Likes a "Mr. Smartypants!" :0)

That post was actually a paste-job from another thread ..where we were talking about Aliens.. .. I just edited it for this thread 'cause it fit - I could Be Lazy AND Wordy!

A Win-Win all'round.. except for Fractal ..which picks up the cost of bandwidth.. :confused::)

One night years ago at band practice and suddenly the TV in the room turns on. None of us were near it. It didn't even have a remote, wasn't connected to a cable box, the power hadn't gone out, no possible reason for it to come on. We all looked at each other... hmmm.

I'd forgotten about it by the time I drove home.

That night, around 200 AM, my girlfriend and I suddenly woke up to a light coming from the living room... our TV had turned on!! Being half asleep, it took me a minute to remember. She'd already gotten up to turn it off, but didn't come back right away. When she did, I looked at her like WTF. She said something about "it was a spirit that wanted to be released, so I did" - then I told her what happened at practice.

Either thing by itself wouldn't have made an impact on me, but having it happen twice the same night, in two completely different locations... definitely made me wonder.
I have a samsung TV that has turned itself on at least 50 times in the last 18 months. I did a little research and it turns out there is a little capacitor in some of these TVs that causes the issue. But I ain't gonna replace it. It used to scare the heck out of me, though.

Ok, so I just recalled my one really freaky unusual experience.

It was a summer day in California. I was driving down the street and stopped at a light.

While I was waiting, I looked up at the sky just taking in the day... And the whole sky was a grid!

I started to panic... I'm seeing the Space-time continuum? I'm living in a simulation like The Truman Show? We're all just programs in a virtual reality and I've suddenly detected it?

I look down... Double check... It's still there... A perfect grid in the sky.

I move my head and the grid moves... W.T.F.?

I take off my sunglasses, rub my eyes, look back at sky... No grid.

What is going on... Ok... Remain calm...

Put my glasses back on so I can start driving again. The grid is back.

Glasses of, grid gone. Glasses on, grid back.

Anyway... It turns out it was some weird polarization effect between the glasses, the car windows and the sunlight.

But I was seriously starting to lose my shit for a few minutes. :)

Used to do ouija boards in my room in the halls of residence and all kinds of crazy things happened. I used to get sleep paralysis and things like that and there was this dark shadow figure who used to appear every so often. When I left I found out the guy who had the room before me had hung himself in my wardrobe in the summer.

A friend of mine told me what happened to him when he was a kid.

His younger brother died suddenly (I didn't ask how), but afterwards he said he used to see him and talk to him in his bedroom. His mum and dad were naturally concerned and decided to talk to him about it because they assumed it was some sort of depression / grieving he was suffering with.

Anyway, my friend was upset his parents didn't believe him so recorded all the conversation he had with his brother on tape and gave it to his parents. Sure enough, there was his brother talking on the tapes to him. He still has the tapes.

Used to do ouija boards in my room in the halls of residence and all kinds of crazy things happened.

Y'see, it's that kind of thing that prompted me to include Item #7 in my first post in this thread, a few days back:

7. Don't go screwing around with occult stuff. It isn't smart. Most people who do aren't negatively affected, to be sure; but that's like saying that most people who live in trailers in Oklahoma haven't personally been killed by a tornado. It's true; but it's beside the point. The point is that if you have the choice, don't put yourself in harm's way.

My guess is that, when an exorcist has to be brought in, it isn't always in conjunction with stuff like that, but that there's a statistically-significant correlation. So: Everybody be safe. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

A friend of mine told me what happened to him when he was a kid.

His younger brother died suddenly (I didn't ask how), but afterwards he said he used to see him and talk to him in his bedroom. His mum and dad were naturally concerned and decided to talk to him about it because they assumed it was some sort of depression / grieving he was suffering with.

Anyway, my friend was upset his parents didn't believe him so recorded all the conversation he had with his brother on tape and gave it to his parents. Sure enough, there was his brother talking on the tapes to him. He still has the tapes.

My brother passed away, 24 years ago, shy of his 19th birthday...in my arms. He was 13 years younger than me, so we were really close. I remember the day after he died, standing in his room, just overwhelmed with emotions. I walked up to his dresser and looked at all his belongings. I picked up his wallet, opened it up and all of a sudden, I felt this incredible feeling. The only way I can describe it, is that it felt like something passed through my body. Immediately, I felt a sense of calm...a sense of peace. I'm certain it was him letting me know everything would be okay.

About 6 years ago my mom passed away after years of battling lung cancer. I was paying for her cellphone line all those years. When she passed, i called Tmobile to cancel her line. I checked and used her cellphone to call and also called her number to make sure the line was no longer activated, and it was. Then i turned the cellphone off and kept it.

The next day, me and five of my brothers were at my oldest brother’s house,just to be there for each other. And then, my oldest brother’s phone started ringing. It was ‘mom’ calling his phone. He answered the call but nobody on the other line. He asked who has mom’s phone. I told them i had the line deactivated the day before and i turned the phone off. We just looked at each other in disbelief of what just happened. I will never forget that day. I guess that was my mom showing us she’s with us.

Back
Top Bottom